help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help !!!

Hi all new to this site and the best thing ever entering the world of lifted trucks. So i have a 2010 F150 Harley with 30,000 miles i just did a 6" zone lift with upgraded shocks and leveling kit with 35" nitto's and 22" fuel wheels. I did exhaust as well as k and n filter. My truck blows < there is absolutely no power whatsoever and I'm getting 10mpg !!!! is there something I'm missing i know the tires weigh more etc but i feel like there is no get up and go at all. Is the answer gears the stock ones are in now a supercharger ??? I really like the truck but having no power is really making me reconsider. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thx

Old 02-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by vcavzo
Hi all new to this site and the best thing ever entering the world of lifted trucks. So i have a 2010 F150 Harley with 30,000 miles i just did a 6" zone lift with upgraded shocks and leveling kit with 35" nitto's and 22" fuel wheels. I did exhaust as well as k and n filter. My truck blows < there is absolutely no power whatsoever and I'm getting 10mpg !!!! is there something I'm missing i know the tires weigh more etc but i feel like there is no get up and go at all. Is the answer gears the stock ones are in now a supercharger ??? I really like the truck but having no power is really making me reconsider. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thx
Hi and welcome!

That's no surprise. What you have done is altered yer effective gearing in a negative way, added both static and rotational mass, increased rolling resistance and increased aerodynamic drag. What did you expect was going to happen?

Given that you posted this in the Chips & Programming section, you need to do two things.

1). Regear the truck (4.56 recommended with those tires).
2). And buy a custom tuned SCT programmer to correct for the speedo/odo error, pekkered shift points and to add some grunt.

www.vmptuning.com
www.morepowertuning.com
www.5startuning.com
www.gopowerhungry.com
www.troyerperformance.com

Pre-order an SCT X4 if you can wait a couple weeks, or buy an SCT X3 / SF3.

The truck will still be a relative dog, and yer fuel mileage will still not be at OEM levels, but it will not be as bad as it is now.

The only real fix for the power loss is a blower. Mileage will still not be what some deem acceptable, but you won't care

good luck

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-22-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can the truck handle a blower < tranni ,diff etc ??? will i still have to do gears with a blower /? thx

Old 02-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by vcavzo
can the truck handle a blower < tranni ,diff etc ??? will i still have to do gears with a blower /? thx

Hi.

Sure - just keep boost to reasonable levels and ensure exemplary maintenance becomes the routine.

Yes - you should still regear as this will greatly reduce stresses on the drivetrain.

And you will need to run custom tuning to ensure the blower setup is safe.

Check out the Supercharger forum - a few boosted folks hang out there.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...bochargers-77/

good luck

MGD

Old 02-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
MGD gave you good advice - take it!

Do the gear upgrade first. You are putting extra stress on your transmission right now and it could, and probably will, lead to early transmission failure if you don't regear to bring the stress levels back to reasonable levels.

- Jack