User Manual? Plug & Play?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
User Manual? Plug & Play?

Received my new SCT X4, thought there would be a user manual, Q-start or something, not. I started to go ahead with the plug & play, but I really don't like to do things that way, suggestions.... Thanks in advanced!

Old 04-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Interesting. I went to the X4 webpage http://www.sctflash.com/showdeviceupdates.php?PNID=7015 and can find no user manual for this device in the User Manual link at the top.

So, looks like they've neglected the documentation in favor of getting the hardware to market. It's something that is done at times.

I'd call their Tech Support if you have any worries and let them talk you through the installation. Maybe, if enough people do this, they'll print some instructions.

- Jack

Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Turtle99
Received my new SCT X4, thought there would be a user manual, Q-start or something, not. I started to go ahead with the plug & play, but I really don't like to do things that way, suggestions.... Thanks in advanced!
Let me know how this works out as I should be getting my X4 in today? Did you go with custom tunes?

Old 04-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Joe_STX
Let me know how this works out as I should be getting my X4 in today? Did you go with custom tunes?

Called SCT support, they said the user manual would be ready in about 2 wks. No help. Also said that one could use the X3 manual on their website http://www.sctflash.com it was close to the same. But for me close would be good enough if I wasn't so particular. Guess I'll just have to wait for 2wks or so ( as support says ). Joe why don't you give them a call (407-774-2447) and maybe like J&J said above. Looks like it worked for the X4 maybe it will work for the X4 user manual. I went with 5 custom tunes.

Last edited by Turtle99; 04-07-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: User Manual? Plug & Play?