Anyone have the SCT ITSX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have the SCT ITSX?

I have been researching a tuner to get for my 2002 Blackwood and have narrowed it to the SCT X4 Flash or the SCT ITSX.
Problem is all the reviews on the ITSX are from beginning of 2013 and 2012 and was curious if the Bluetooth issues are still an issue.

I run Mac only so having it hooked to my iphone sounds awesome otherwise I would have to buy Windows OS for the X4 to update because I was told the wifi for it isn't available yet.

So if anyone has either of the two I would greatly appreciate your views on it cause Mike at 5 Star Tuning is great but he suggested the ITSX and SCT themselves suggested the X4. lmao so I am again torn between the two.

Thanks for your time. Cheers

Old 05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sleuthsnoopy
I have been researching a tuner to get for my 2002 Blackwood and have narrowed it to the SCT X4 Flash or the SCT ITSX.
Problem is all the reviews on the ITSX are from beginning of 2013 and 2012 and was curious if the Bluetooth issues are still an issue.

I run Mac only so having it hooked to my iphone sounds awesome otherwise I would have to buy Windows OS for the X4 to update because I was told the wifi for it isn't available yet.

So if anyone has either of the two I would greatly appreciate your views on it cause Mike at 5 Star Tuning is great but he suggested the ITSX and SCT themselves suggested the X4. lmao so I am again torn between the two.

Thanks for your time. Cheers

I have a SCT ITSX and I'll tell you , it's a great tuner. It connects and works flawlessly with my IPad and IPhone. That being said, I am thinking seriously about selling it as I went and purchased an X4 which also works great. If interested in a ITSX, let me know...might make you a deal..they are an expensive unit. Mine came from Mike at 5 Star

Old 05-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would choose the Xcal 4. I've heard issues with the bluetooth connectivity on the iTSX.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
just looked, 200 for 3 email tunes. I'm not sure the deal would be decent enough for me not to get a new one considering 569 for itsx and 469 for X4 with 5 tunes. Thanks though lol

I think I will just have to use my sisters work computer to update an X4 tuner. Seems like the better deal and more stable. I do like options but I doubt I will be using the gauges on it or the speed tests.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:58 PM
well I pulled the trigger and ordered my X4 from 5 Star today. Can't wait to get it and try it out.
I got the 3 93 octane tunes and 2 91 octane tunes since I only out High test fuel in. Truck calls for 91+ so I would have no need for the 87 octane tunes.

Will post the results after I install. I figured the X4 since SCT themselves said that that is the best one and even the Itsx tuner needs to be updated by a windows computer. If I'm going to use a windows computer to update might as well get the most stable device.
Cheers

Old 05-16-2014, 01:49 PM
I love the X4! It was easy to set up and quick to install a tune. Understanding the gauge data is a different story. Lol
I put in the 93 performance tune and the truck was awesome. Besides a little but of hard shifting which can be fixed when you install the tune cause there's a section to choose soft shift parameters.
I am using the 93 economy tune now and it is still nice. The truck has increased the pick up at acceleration and has way more pep than it had. Nice shifting too.
I hadn't noticed an increase in mpg but just got it and I will reset computer and fill the tank then post the results. I was getting 12mpg before I had induction cleaning and now it shows 10 but I've been doing a few things with the truck and speeding a lot so I am not counting that as accurate. Lol. I hope to report it is 14-15 mpg so I am crossing my fingers. Lol

Quick Reply: Anyone have the SCT ITSX?