SCT X4 for 97-03 4.6 to 5.4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT X4 for 97-03 4.6 to 5.4 swap

This tuner is great!

I have been driving around for about a week now after doing the 5.4 swap in my 03 screw and I knew it had more potential, the tires would not even chirp at standing WOT punch, and was slow to build power. Passing gear punch was strong though. I thought my only option was a dynotune to wake it up. I had called several Ford dealers about an ECU flash and apparently no one in my town (San Antonio) can guarantee that loading 5.4 parameters into a 4.6 brain will work.

And so… the owner of the shop that I was going to submit to a dynotune suggested I try the SCT X4 because he just got some in stock.

I want to elaborate on the X4...

It has a 4.6, or 5.4 selection in the menu, and the 5.4, 93 octane canned tune is all I needed to wake up this engine swap!!

After about 5 mins of pushing buttons, he cranked it up and I could immediately hear the difference.

While leaving the shop, I gave it a little while turning and it broke loose quick, so out sheer childish curiosity, I found a nice smooth parking lot and floored it (no powerbrake).

It lit the tires up in 1st and continued to spin them in second until I finally let off at around 5000rpm and 20 MPH because those 20’s are $250 each! I was hootin’ and hollerin’ during the lighting ceremony though. This is the first time my truck has spun the tires on dry pavement and I have had it for 10 years.

Quick Reply: SCT X4 for 97-03 4.6 to 5.4 swap