Stage3Motorsports and 5 Star Now Offering Powertrain Warranty for Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage3Motorsports and 5 Star Now Offering Powertrain Warranty for Tunes

Stage3 might very well post over here, but I thought I would share in case they don't. The title says it all. For all of those that have been too afraid to tune due to warranty issues, this may be your answer.

Down and dirty:

With dealerships threatening to void Warranties over the most trivial of performance parts, (much less PCM tuning), we here at Stage 3 and our friends over at 5-Star Tuning decided to do something about it by offering optional Limited Powertrain Warranties that cover 5-Star's Custom Tunes at additional cost.

We here at Stage 3 are offering your choice of either a 5-Year/60,000 Mile Limited Warranty for $500 or a 6-Year/100,000 Mile Limited Warranty for $1000. These warranties cover damages to your truck's engine, transmission, driveling, and axles in the even that your local dealership or Ford itself reject a warranty claim because of the 5-Star Tuning on your 2011 to 2014 F150 EcoBoost, 2011 to 2014 F150 5.0L, 2011 to 2014 F150 6.2L, 2011 to 2014 6.2L SVT Raptor, and 2011 to 2014 3.7L V6 F150. Our aftermarket Powertrain Warranties will even cover a huge variety of performance parts and the 5-Star Tuning to go along with them so that you can turn your truck into an utter monster while still being protected by one of the best aftermarket Powertrain Warranties on the market for the 2011 to 2014 F150s.
Here is the document describing the specifics: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/***...alese%20v9.pdf

And here's a link to their page describing the coverage: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/Sta...om-Tuning.html

Last edited by il_duce; 05-29-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:12 PM

And do you have to choke them to get a warranty claim? This sounds good on paper, but the odds of getting either of them to pay up on this is likely quite low IMO.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
And do you have to choke them to get a warranty claim? This sounds good on paper, but the odds of getting either of them to pay up on this is likely quite low IMO.
Possibly. It's brand new, so who knows. I would say you would have a better chance of having an engine covered under this than Ford. I read the entire "legal" document and they obviously have a lot of stuff protecting themselves. You have to provide "verified" maintenance logs in the event of a claim is one that stands out to me. It's just like any other insurance, though; they will use any avenue they can to avoid paying out. For $500 though, it would be nice to have something to fall back on. I guess we'll have to wait to see a couple of claims to see how they get handled.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:22 PM
I would think that by having both the Ford factory warrant and this, you would be pretty well covered. Ford will cover anything that they are supposed to, possibly with a fight. If your engine blows, you take it to the dealership for warranty. They see that the vehicle has been tuned and through their "investigation" discover that the tune was the culprit. You can now use this statement from Ford (get it in writing) to hand over to Stage3 as proof that the tune caused the problem. I think they would have a pretty hard time fighting it if Ford Engineers have "proven" that the tune was the issue. So basically, you can use one party against the other.

Maybe...who knows.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:29 PM

Personally, I think it's another waste of money. But we'll see I guess. I have 5Star tunes because I absolutely needed them to run without cats, but I'm still not a fan of putting tuning devices on vehicle. I go back and forth with this, but ultimately, most folks don't know enough, myself included, to trust someone to tune your vehicle and know it's "safe." Minimal gains for voiding warranty IMO. I don't think I would have if I had a warranty to worry about. Basically I don't blame Ford for not covering it, and I wouldn't either if I was them.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 05-29-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Stage3Motorsports and 5 Star Now Offering Powertrain Warranty for Tunes