Questions about 2010 PHP Gryphon

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about 2010 PHP Gryphon

Hi all, I have had the gryphon on my truck since 2010, never a problem with it and very satisfied with the purchase. When I first got it I would frequent the PHP forum for any info needed. I don't change much on my truck unless it is needed so once I was settled in with the gryphon stopped using the forum. I am now having a minor problem with my truck and want to use the diagnostic feature on the gryphon and tried to find the PHP forum and can't. Does it even exist anymore. I have seen some of the member names here and remember them.
So as I stated I would like to use the diagnostic function and also be able to read the codes if there are any. I think I recall that someone on the PHP site had a list of all of the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Kenny.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
There is a list of the codes in the Articles and How To's. Check the index at the top of that forum.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
OP;

There is a comprehensive list of OBDII codes on the web - both generic and Ford-specific. Unlike our list, these are updated and are current:

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Also, the Edge website (Gryphon uses Edge hardware) has a Ford list:

http://edgeproducts.com/app/uploads/...cle-pdf-41.pdf

From their Support page: http://edgeproducts.com/support/

good luck
MGD

Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Hi Kenny - The PHP forum is closed down and I don't know when it will reopen. But, PHP is still in operation and you can contact them with questions here: http://store.gopowerhungry.com/contact-us. Note there's a phone number on that page at the bottom right you can try too.

I'm away from home right now and not with my truck, so I can't give you a specific set of directions to get to the vehicle diagnostics, but, as I recall, it's easy. Try clicking the menu button and then choose anything that looks likely. I don't think you can screw anything up, so don't be afraid to poke around.

Once you get a code, you can look it up using the lists given earlier. But, it's very possible you won't have actually thrown a code. Not all problems cause a code to register. Could you be a tad more informative about the problem you are experiencing? We might be able to give you some (possibly worthwhile) advice if you do.

- Jack

Old 09-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ah ....

Manuals for Edge hardware ( both the 15051 original Gryphon base platform and the newer 85xxx models ) are available for download from the Edge website. They describe the diag functions.

MGD

Old 09-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys. I remember all of your names from using this site and PHP. I did figure out the diagnostic function, very easy and as JAndJ speculated no code.
The problem I am having is that I am getting some pretty significant vibrating and can't pinpoint the source. Do not think it is anything with front end because I do not have any significant pulsing in the steering wheel. The engine seems to be running good but can't really tell if it may be a misfire or maybe something in the drivetrain, mpg might be down a little recently. I have also noticed some weird intermittent squeaking noise, sounds like the back of the cab but may be under the cab and also makes some clicking noises when I shift into drive from park or between forward and reverse. I have looked under the truck and noticed some fluid is visible where the drive shaft comes out of the transfer case, I have 4x4. Over the weekend I also noticed that the drivers side front axle has some visible fluid that has been slung on the bottom of the frame, looks like it is leaking where the axle bolts on to the front differential, the rubber boots are intact, had the other side replaced last year because boots were torn.
To cover the bases, regular cab 4.6, auto trans, 163000 miles, new plugs, coil packs and boots at around 120000, maintained pretty good.

Quick Reply: Questions about 2010 PHP Gryphon