Mike of Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike of Superchips

Mike,

I herd that Superchips might be working on a programmer for the newer fords with the 5.4’s that you can change the factory settings with? Is this true and when will they be available?

If not can you tell me then, if you change tire size what can you do to recalibrate the speedometer and the shift points? Do I have to go to ford and have them Flash the ECU? Or is there a tool out there that will do this
Thanks Oscar

Old 10-23-2001, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 01SVT,

Yes, Superchips has been working on that unit for some time, in preparation for the day that the Ford ECU changes and the J3 connector goes away. The hand-held units like that are always considerably more expensive due to their additional complexity, so it's not even been announced and is not shipping.

The Ford ECU doesn't require that more expensive kind of device to deliver a performance program to the ECU currently, as with the exception of only two 2002 models, the Lincoln LS & the Explorers, all current Ford ECU's still have the J3 connector. That will change in the near future model years, and of course Superchips will be prepared.

With regards to making compensations for gear ratio & tire size changes, that all depends on the exact vehicle, it's ECU code & what the exact changes needed are, so the best thing to do is to shoot us an email or give us a call & we'll be happy to go over all of those details with you. Our contact info is just below.

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 10-23-2001 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,
Thank you for the information, I know you must spend a great deal of your time here answering questions and I just want to say Thank You for all of your help.

Oscar 01SVT

Old 10-24-2001, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 01 SVT,

That's very kind of you to say, and knowing that is is appreciated makes all our efforts here worthwhile, more than you'll ever know.

Give us a shout if you want to go over any specifics!

By the way, since your screen name is 01 SVT, I'm assuming you have a 2001 SVT vehicle of course. Is it a Lightning, a Cobra, a Focus? Just curious, & congratulations on whatever SVT vehicle it is!

Quick Reply: Mike of Superchips