Mike Excursion chip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mike Excursion chip?

I have a friend who has a 2001 Excursion with a powerstoke in it. He wants to get a chip, we looked around both doors for the sticker with the code on it, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Mike is there any other place we can look?

Thanks
Don C

Old 11-06-2001, 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Don,

Sure, just go to the computer!

The computer is mouted inside the cabin on the Driver's side in those Super Duty trucks, just to the right of the emergency brake pedal, and is covered by a black plastic shroud. This shroud is retained by two 7 mm bolts, just remove them and then push that shroud over to the right a bit, and you might be able to see a code sticker on the back of the computer like that.

If not, then you'll just need to remove the computer from the vehicle, so you can see the big code sticker on top of every Ford ECU, and then get the code from that sticker. It uses the same wiring harness attachment under the hood, it's just on the Driver's side, still the same 10 mm bolt in the middle, etc.

Gains are 60+ horsepwoer & 115 lbs./ft. of torque, he'll love it!

Old 11-06-2001, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mike

I will bring my little tool box with me when I go to work. I figured that was where it was but wanted to be sure. It is funny my truck has 2 stickers and his has none.

I will prob need a ladder to get to his harness under the hood, I tell you those things are tall.

Old 11-08-2001, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sure Don, anytime. You probably will need a ladder, we do even on our F-150 w/ORP!

Quick Reply: Mike Excursion chip?