Do I need it reprogramed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Do I need it reprogramed?

This is for Mike, I still need to send my chip in to have it reprogramed because the Speedlimiter is still there but thats not a big deal....I don't make a habit of doing 100 MPH, my question is: I'm gonna be purchasing a Granitelli MAF & a 75 mm Throttle body..I've got the Exaust(Flowmasters) & the intake(AirForce One) already installed, will I need the chip reprogrammed for the MAF & Throttle body?

Old 11-19-2001, 08:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi RT,

Yes, you will need a custom program for those parts, it's not just a simple "reflash" or a "reburn", you will need a good bit of custom programming work done to compensate for those parts properly. Aftermarket MAF's lean out the A/F ratio rather badly, and that must be corrected.

Unless and until you are installing a supercharger, I would not spend money on an aftermarket MAF or TB (throttle body), as your engine can't begin to make use of any additional airflow capacity in those 2 components. Yes, we all know that companies like Granatelli claim a whopping 17 horsepower gain from their MAF for the 5.4 for example, but that is from the leaning out of teh A/F ratio and must be corrected for safe operation with other modifications. Power gains from increasing raw airflow capacity in the MAF just don't happen until you add something like a supercharger, or do expensive ported heads & cam changes, etc. The money you spend on buying those parts and having us do the required custom programming could be spent to much better effect elsewhere.

Just give us a call & we can go over all of this............

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 11-25-2001 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ok. thanks Mike...I'll call you when I get a day off

Old 11-25-2001, 06:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anytime RT, & we hope you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday weekend!

Quick Reply: Do I need it reprogramed?