Ford Escape

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Escape

Does anybody have any info on these. My wife may want one, so I'm doing some research. Thanks

Old 12-13-2001, 08:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Mikey,

Well, we know a little bit from what our Escape customers tell us in general. Popular, a good vehicle for the money, I don't think anyone looking at the value of that vehicle for it's cost, it's overall performance, room, etc. would be disappointed. Has a nice-performing 3.0 motor that responds well to the Superchip (of course I had to get that in), and the aftermarket in general is responding to the Escape. So you have things like Superchips, cat-back exhaust systems, etc. available for those who want to do performance mods.

Lighter & smaller than the Explorer, a lot of younger people on tighter budgets, families, enthusiasts and those who just need to add another vehicle that can be a 4WD, a station wagon, etc. type of vehicle with better than average performance in that segment of the market are snapping up the Escape. It appeals to different types of people for different reasons.

Decent ground clearance for areas that get significant snowfalls in one shot and minor offroading.

All the specs can be had over a ford.com of couse, current incentives, etc.

This really isn't much info obviously, I just wanted to respond with a general impression of the vehicle in case that might help.

Quick Reply: Ford Escape