Mike Troyer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike Troyer!

i was told to do this in a different post.

"Oh, go to the Computer Chips forum and get in touch with Mike Troyer about a chip. Seriosly, the best bang for the buck is the chip, and the best chip in my opinion is the Superchip. A whole lot of people would agree with me. And then there's the other wrong/misguided people "

so, hey mike if you are out there...i am interested. some details on the product and whatnot would be great!! like warranty problems that could/will occur as well as price, installation, and performance increase numbers. thanks! (SEE MY SIG FOR THE DETAILS ON MY TRUCK) you can email me the info at hocy4life@hotmail.com

A

Old 12-14-2001, 10:00 PM
Cool

LBC150, one thing that Mike will need to know is your computer code. This code can be found on your passenger door OR on the pillar that the passenger door attaches too. It is 4 digits long with 3 letters and a number in the last position. This will let him know what software your computer is running. You can also go to www.superchips.com for a rough estimate of what you will get for additional HP & Torque for your truck.

Resently, Mike had a death in the family, so please be patient and he will get to you as soon as possible. That is if you didn't already know about this.

You will enjoy your chip very much !!

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 12-15-2001, 01:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi LBC150,

The Superchip works very nicely on all these vehicles, but then of course I would say that.

Seriously, the 4.2 V-6 has a unique characteristic that needs improvement, the relative "weakness" in power below 2500 rpm. The V-6 has a nice peak HP output stock, but is weak down low. Performance is improved at any throttle position or rpm with the Superchip.

The maximum rated gains for the 4.2 V-6 from the Superchip are 25 hp & 31 lbs./ft. of torque. In terms of what the vehicle will feel like, in round numbers, think of the Superchip as a 10%-12% power gainer. The truck will feel like you picked up about 10% more motor under the hood, so to speak, as the Superchip works all the time, at any throttle position or rpm.

We'll be more than happy to go over all the detailed answers you want if you would like to give us a call, it's just too much to type it all out in email or online.

Briefly, the only way any aftermarket part of any kind (replacement, appearance or performance) can affect your warranty is if what you ionstalled actually damaged the vehicle. As long as what you do to or install on your vehicle does not actually *damage* the vehicle, yor warranty remains intact, by law. In general, things like the Superchip, airbox elimination kits, cat-back exhausts, etc. do not cause warranty problems, as they do not damage the vehicle. Now, if you installed say, a supercharger, then you might have a problem with your powertrain warranty, as that could be argued to push a numnber of components beyond their design limitations. In reality, even superchargers can be installed and still maintian full reliability with the quality in most of today's street blower kits, but you get my point, it's a fairly "radical" modifiction that could cause powertrain warranty problems, just as an example. The Magnuson- Moss Warranty Act is one of the primary pieces of legislation that governs your legal rights regarding the use of aftermarket parts. You can get more info at: www.sema.org/fedleg/warranty

In terms of improvements in acceleration tiemns, that will vary depending on vehicle configuration, there are so many different F-150 configurations in terms of body, tranny, gearing, etc. that affects not only weight, but also torque multiplication and even aerodynamics. Improvements in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times range from a low of about 3 tenths to as much as a full second off those times, with an average of about a half second, a very nice improvement for it's low cost.

Installation is easy enough that just slightly less than all of our customers install it themselves, the documentation is very thorough.

Please feel free to give us a call to go over more details, etc., we'll be happy to go thru all of that with you, for your specific truck.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-15-2001, 04:23 PM
hey

mike,

thanks a lot for the info. i gave a call to the number in your sig and left a message. i am really looking forward to talking to you and getting the particulars. thanks again...and if you did not get the number...give me a call at . you can leave a message if nobody picks up. other wise ask for Arom.

A

Last edited by LBC150; 12-18-2001 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2001, 10:20 PM
Hey, I thought that quote sounded familiar.

Old 12-18-2001, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi LBC150,

Thanks for calling, I enjoyed speaking with you!

Just as a suggestion, you might want to go back and edit your post to remove your phone number. That's up to you of course, but just so you'll know, posting your phone number on the Internet can sometimes cause people you don't want to hear from to call you. Just FYI................

Thanks very much for your order, as that helps us to support F-150 Online, keeping this invaluable web site available to everyone free of charge.

Merry Christmas, Arom!

Old 12-18-2001, 09:58 PM
thanks

mike,

thanks for the tip. my b-day is comming up in feb...maybe i could take an airforce one air intake off you hards then. lol. i will give you a call when i have the cash. as for now...talk to you later!!oh, and merry christmas mike!

A

Last edited by LBC150; 12-19-2001 at 03:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Mike Troyer!