custom program for blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
custom program for blower

I've got the itch for something new. I was thinking I would take the plunge and go for the blower. What the hell, we only live once.

I was just wondering what would be changed in the Superchip if I install an ATI Procharger? Would the custom program allow me to use the stock MAF? Would the rev limiter remain the same? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!
Tom

Old 12-23-2001, 08:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Tom,

I'm delighted to hear you're thinking of going with a blower, my, that would be quite a Christmas present!

That's a bit involved to go over on a message board, but I can go over some of the "basic" answers to your questions here.........

You do not *have* to change your MAF when you install a supercharger on these F-150's, that is optional. We have plenty of supercharged F-150's running the stock factory MAF (mass airflow meter) & TB (throttle body).

What we do suggest is that not until you have a supercharger should you really consider going with an aftermarket MAF & TB, as only then can the engine really make use of an increase in airflow capacity in those specific components. With a blower, you see some nice additional power gains that you wouldn't without the blower, but that doesn't mean you *have* to change the MAF and/or the TB, you don't.

The rev limiter would not be raised above what you have right now in your Superchip, unless you specifically asked us to. You can add a lot of power to these motors and retain good reliability, if you don't get carried away with rpms

There are all kinds of other things you should know picking and installing and tuning for a supercharger, but it's far too involved to go over on a message board. That requires detailed consultation with someone who knows all the various superchargers and these vehicles very well, like, umm, let's see............ us.

All kidding aside, if you'd like to give us a call when we get back from Christmas break (we're back the 26th), I'll be happy to go over that with you personally, Tom, as always.

Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply: custom program for blower