Super Chip Installed Today!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Super Chip Installed Today!!!!!!!!

I purchased the Superchip last week on-line, and received it today. I anxiously opened the box, devoured the instructions and extra info sheets from Mike (thanks...helped a lot), and dug in...

Flawless installation....exactly as explained in instructions, but I did remove the battery and battery carrier just to give myself some extra room....added 5 minutes to the job.

I took the computer box apart so I could easily clean up both sides of the circuit connector, plugged in the chip and taped it down to hold it in place...also, I used the tape to cover the gaps between the box and the chip.

With the computer cleared, I got everything all hooked up....hoping it would start.....I was NOT disappointed!!

First Impressions.....drove 50 miles..

I immediately noticed the improved shifting....it's definitely NOT like a shift kit, but make shifts quick and firm, but not jerky....felt good...

I had previously filled the tank with 93 octane Phillips 66 fuel, so I was ready....there was a noticeable increase in low end torque, but I think I expected more...overall performance is noticeably better than before, but less than anticipated....I am hoping that it will get better as the computer "learns" how to use the chip.

I did note that it shifted into OD more quickly than before, so I would expect that my MPG will increase some.

I'm going to drive it thru 3-4 tanks of fuel, experimenting with different brands, and I'll let you know.....

My truck is a 2001 Super Crew with the 4.6, Flowmaster 2 chamber SI/SO and an Airaid intake.....hope all this stuff gells together......

Old 01-05-2002, 10:17 AM
Good luck!

Congratulations on the chip - sounds like someone is having fun with their new "toy" from Santa! Don't go getting into trouble testing out 0-60 times on the street! LOL!
Can't wait to hear the results as things settle in - keep us posted ok? BTW - belated Happy Holidays! Hope you & your family had a wonderful holiday season! Bye!

Old 01-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Hi David

Glad you got chip in ok....

The gains are not 100% immediate..maybe 80% to start..then it increases gradually with mileage...

You may have seen post earlier...1-4-02..trying different brands gas...im doing that now...but no results..will take awhile...

We only get out of the pump here...91oct.

Good luck....OT

BTW...Cowlady...got any sound to go with pic.

Old 01-06-2002, 12:47 AM
LOL! I mean MOO!

I wish I could attach a sound clip of a cow to go with my sig Old Timer but alas, the best I can do is to say MOO!

Old 01-06-2002, 09:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Davizog,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Superchip!

As others have mentioend, you won't get 100% right away, it's more like 80% or so, and then as you accumulate the next 350-500 miles, the rest will come in gradually.

Just as a suggestion, I wouldn't just try 1 tank of 1 brand, in case that was perhaps what you were going to do. If you're really interested in finding out which of your local fuels is the best for mileage, use 3 tanks of each brand from the same source before changing. Whichever fuel showing the highest mpg under the same driving conditions will have the higher energy content.

Good luck whatever you decide, & thanks for your post!

Quick Reply: Super Chip Installed Today!!!!!!!!