Anyone Tried or Running a Diablo Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Tried or Running a Diablo Chip?

Has anyone tried these? Looks to be similar to a SuperChip. Just wondering. Can't decidde to get the chip or not. Premium Gas, Ouch. A guy I work with had the PowerPuck for his Dodge Diesel and siad it made that thing sccccream.

Old 01-04-2002, 06:19 PM
For starters I have never used a Diablo chip. I'm here, on the boards with nothing better to do, so I will pass on my opinion on this.

I don't know a whole lot about the Diablo. I have seen many questions here about it. (You might want to do a search) The impression that I get from reading all the stuff here, is that the Diablo and the Superchip are similar. I have the Superchip. I think it dose a fine job. The Superchips name has been around for some time now. There is also a national Superchips distributer (who knows what he sells) right here on this site. There are many satisfied Superchips customers on this site. I think I am like a lot of other people on this site, being that, we have a wealth of information on a particular product we are more likely to use that product.

I would guess that the Diablo is a fine product. I have not encountered many (any?) people using it. So all I can do is guess.

One thing that I think is very important is understanding what a chip will do for your vehicle. I bring up this point because I didn't have a clear understanding of what the gains ment. It took me a while to figure it out. Planning my next mod has really made it clear.

A chip is going to give you gains in the 10-12% range. This is not earth shattering. It is good though. A chip is inexpensive and non-invasive. For a few hundred dollars (give or take) you can get 20, almost 30 additional HP out of your motor.

Earth shattering (30% gain, or more) will run a minimum of two grand. More like twice that. I read an article that said you can plan on spending just under thirty dollars per 1HP. I think thats pretty close.

Like I said I have nothing better to do.
Good luck!
Tom

Old 01-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Scotts-Crew,

Just to give you a bit more info.......................

The Diablo Power Puck for those Dodge diesels works OK, most people who have them are happy with them.

We carry both the Superchip and the Diablo line, Superchips just released their unit for those Dodge diesels, and it cooks, adding over 60 horsepower and a whopping 165 lbs./ft. of torque to those Cummins diesel motors.

Personally, I prefer the Superchip, it makes a bit more power and has a better automatic transmission calibration. The Superchip is also emissions certified, where the Diablo is not. Superchips also have a much larger and more capable staff of people doing the actual tuning, etc., as they've been around far longer. Diablo has been making chips for just about 2 years now.

One thing you might want to consider since you express some concern over using premium gas all the time is our 2-program Superchip Flip Chip, as that unit is set up with both programs, one for 87 octane and the other for premium gas, so you can have the best of both worlds.

If you would like to go over all of the various differences, from operational to physical to installation, construction, materials, etc. between the Diablo and the Superchip, just give us a call sometime, we'll be happy to go over that with you.

Old 01-05-2002, 07:42 AM
Okay...I've had all the chips that usually get mentioned here, and this is just my opinion on what I've used.

Jet Chip: No really "bad" side-effects, except that it really seems to do *nothing*, it may do something on other vehicles, but on the F-150's that I've owned, it pretty much sucked.

Hypertech Programmer: "Neat", because it downloads to your computer the options you want...and NO cleaning of the computer contacts needed ...and it seems to make pretty good power, but I've never been able to get it to stop "pinging", even when I used 93 octane + Octane Booster and even a "cold thermostat", so I can't recommend the Hypertech Programmer.

Diablo & Superchip: I'm putting these 2 in the same category, because I, (IMHO), think these 2 chip makers are the best that I've used. They both seem to perform very much alike, as far as I can tell: Good Power with no real faults. Some mention "shift quality" being better on the Superchip, but if it is, it only feels slightly better. Both are good chips, but I prefer the Diablo chip...mainly for it's "Inside The Computer" installation method.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-05-2002, 08:39 AM
Hey there Scotts-Crew, I have the Diablo Sport and all I gonna say here is WOW! Wish I had done this modification 50,000 miles ago and best part is this is the only chip so I have been told and dealer also mentioned this that Diablo Sport is the only chip reconized by Ford Motor Company. I got mine at cost thru a guy i could refer you to and I have no connection here to Diablo and/or not even any other supplier on this board. Just my $0.02 but have sent several new clients his way and they have all drove away very happy for quality, performance and price for his product.

ShowYa in Kansas City, outta here and off to the garage to install my new Valve body kit for my transmission I was sent from vendor for calling and making comments for an awesome product they manufacture and sell with excellent customer service as well as tech advisors to help you with any and all ???

ShowYa

Last edited by Showya; 01-05-2002 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:21 AM
deablo

Showya

Thanks, white2001

Last edited by white2001; 01-05-2002 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Showya,

Somebody's feeding you BS. The Diablo chip is not in any way "the only chip recognized by Ford Motor Company." We sell the product, and know the manufacturer of the Diablo product line.

That's not to say that people won't be happy with the product, Diablo is a much better chip than almost anything on the market, and many people are happy with their Diablo product. But it's not true that Diablo is "the only chip recognized by Ford Motor Company," that is absolutely false.

Either of those products can be easily ordered right here in our online ordering system access by clicking on the link just below in our signature line, which also helps to provide support for F-150 Online.

Old 01-07-2002, 12:47 AM
Hey SuperChips, then why is it my email box is full and quite a few guys are buying thru the site then?

Just offered my 0.02 and did not mention only said what I have been told but had my truck in last week and they said no problem. Please guys wanting info drop me an email or leave me a post.

ShowYa in KC with a Diablo Sport

Quick Reply: Anyone Tried or Running a Diablo Chip?