FLIP CHIP on light?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLIP CHIP on light?

Will it be possible to mount a light so that I would know what position the chip is in at a glance?

Old 01-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi peties3,

Well, it's really simple enough that you don't need any kind of light since there are only 2 positions. They're obvious when you look at the toggle switch, you can easily see at a glance what position it's in. It's all a matter of where you mount your switch. In addition, you're going to know that anyway in the dual-octane setup, as yo have to have a different octane of fuel in the tank for each of the 2 programs.

To answer your question properly, nobody I know of has done that specifically. I suppose this could be done with a very low power L.E.D., but I'd do some vary careful resistance matching first, and make sure you cannot damage the 2 internal chips or the switch, etc..

If you decide to do that, be careful & please let us know how it turns out!

Old 01-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
use a double pole switch and use one side for the chip and the other side for a light. Is there anything against cutting the switch off and putting a diff. one on?

Old 01-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi lariat,

Superchips doesn't like to see people do that in general, because they almost never check the resistance & specs of the replacment switch, and that can cause problems.

However, assuming it was all done "right," there is no reason why a replacment switch won't work on the Flip Chip, a number of our customers have done switch changes on their own for various reasons. If nothing else, switches sometimes fail, they aren't all 100% perfect, so they have to be replaceable.

In this case, we're talking about a 2-program chip, so the switch has to be able to control which of the 2 programs the vehicle is runnning on, it's not an on/off switch, so to speak, for example.

Interesting idea, nobody I know of has ever done that before. It should be easy enough to rig it so that a simple light comes on in 1 of the 2 positions, and that 1 light can denote whichever position the installer wants. A 2-light arrangement cold be made as well, 1 for each, the limit is the imagination & desire.

Quick Reply: FLIP CHIP on light?