V10 Chip Cost vs. V8: Why the Diff.??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V10 Chip Cost vs. V8: Why the Diff.??

I realize we cant discuss specific costs on this forum but i wonder why the v10 chip is roughly 50% more then a v8 chip. As far as i can tell they probably require the same in terms of material and labor to make. presumably the same R&D went into both. so why the difference? heck the difference in the cost of the chip is 1/6 the cost of the entire engine upgrade when bought new!!!!

enlighten me if there is something im missing here. hell i may just buy one if someone can explain why the substancial cost difference and sell me on the benefits.

Old 01-08-2002, 04:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is more r&d in the V10 chip. I believe they have come down a little in price since they were first introduced. I used to know of a vendor that sold the V10 Diablo for the same price as the V8.

Old 01-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 1ton,

That's actually a very fair question! As V10Man correctly posted, it's a matter of additional R&D needed, combined with the fact that there are *far* less V-10's that are being modified compared to just about any other vehicle, and certainly compared to eth world's most popular vehicle for the past 20 years, which is the F-150. So the R&D expenses take far longer to recoup, and all that added together is why it has a higher cost.

If you want a Diablo chip, we can supply that at the same cost as the V-8 chip if you'd like to give us a call, our number is just below.

There aren't enough V-10's being modified to have performance parts for them cost the same as parts for the world's most popular vehicle, the F-150, there is no comparison, it's a straight function of numbers. With the V-10 you have a vehicle that exists in very small numbers, and the percentage of their owners modifying them is even smaller. It's straight numbers.

You can't make any kind of comparison to the cost of the engine, etc. that means absolutely nothing. There are simply far fewer of the V-10's, and that is why parts for them virtually across the board cost more, just like anything else, numbers.

Give us a shout if you'd like to go over this, or go with the Diablo chip, we'll be happy to go over that with you.

Quick Reply: V10 Chip Cost vs. V8: Why the Diff.??