What chip will give the best performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 08:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What chip will give the best performance

What chip will give the best performance increase on my 2000 4.6L V8 XLT? Not really worried about a MPG gain but that would be a good plus. I'm looking for increased accel, torque, HP, and better shifting.

Thank You.

Old 01-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen you around here for a while now. I would guess that you've seen what is popular here.

So I will just say that I think Superchips is going to give you the best performance. Beyond what have been said here, Superchips has been in the buisness for longer than the others. I think they are pioneers in the field.

There are others. I have only used the Superchip, so I can't say much about the others. I have seen that Diablo seems to be doing a pretty good job tuning our trucks.

We've heard of the Jet chip and the Hypertech power programmer. Now it has been said here that they use a "generic" program. This is evident by thier ordering system. They only need to know the year and engine size. I don't know about you but I don't want a "generic" chip.

I like the sound of the term "code specific". To me that sounds like something that is likely to do a better job than something that is "generic".

There may be other chips for our trucks. None that I know of.

It's a good idea to find out as much as you can about all the chips. That way you can make a more informed decision. I think you may end up like most of us,.. Superchipped!

That's just me though,

Tom

Old 01-26-2002, 11:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I get a link to the webpage for superchip and the diablo chip?

Old 01-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Intel486

You can go to Superchips web site but you'll probably get more details here. Same with Diablo although I've never looked for their site. Try a search on either one or just scroll through the Computer Chip forum; you'll find a ton of real life feedback, some specific's in performance, MPG etc. Other than that, I'd recommend you call Mike Troyer (Superchips_Distributor) as he can give you all the information you can handled on either one as he carries both.

Old 01-27-2002, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Intel486,

We carry both the Superchip and the Diablo, so we can tell you about both.

They are basically the only 2 chips worth considering, as they are eth only 2 chipmakers that tune each vehicle according to it's exact ECU software revision (and there are hundreds each model year alone in these vehicles!), and that also tuine the engine for maximum power *all* the time, at all throttle positions. Other chips are generic, meaning only 1 program for say, all 1998 4.6 F-150's, and they only add power during open-loop operation, basically at full-throttle.

Between Superchips and the Diablo, Superchips has been doing this much longer, as they invented this industry basically, and has a much more experienced technical staff, far mroe engineers, etc.

The difference in the end result is that the Superchip has a slight edge in raw power in some of these applications, not big, about 2% or so. It also has a bit more power below 3000 rpm, where we spend most of our driving time. The differences can really only be felt by someone who is paying attention to their vehicle, in normal everyday driving the vehicle simply feels stronger and more responsive with either chip.

We prefer and use the Superchip in our vehicles, Superchips has done a lot more R&D on these F-150's, Expeditions, etc. You'd probably be happy with either one, and we offer both so that you'll have a choice between the only 2 chipmakers that "do it right" for these vehicles.

Please feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to go over this in more detail, we'll be happy to speak with you.

Old 01-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Mike Troyer,
How would I go about getting one of these super chips? Could you tell me how much they cost?

Old 01-28-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Nikko
Mike Troyer,
How would I go about getting one of these super chips? Could you tell me how much they cost?

https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Trending Topics

Old 01-29-2002, 02:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Nikko,

You can pick up the Superchip right here in our F-150 Online Superchip Ordering System, and there is a link just below in our signature line that will take you there. It's the same link that Blake Bowden kindly included in his response to you.

Because of the carefully crafted policies of F-150 Online meant to keep what is considered to be blatant commercial content off these message boards, we cannot discuss issues such as pricing here. However, if you will just click on that link to our online ordering system, you will be able to see all of that information right there, quickly & easily.

If you have any questions, or would like to go over anything in more detail, etc. please feel free to give us a shout, our contact info is just below, in our signature line.

Good luck with your truck!

Quick Reply: What chip will give the best performance