Mike

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike

Will the harder shifting that the superchip gives me put a strain on my tranny when im towing like 5000-700lbs (a 23' boat and trailer) With an 95 F150 with the 302 v8 and does the chip give good performace increases on the 302 ty

Old 02-05-2002, 11:48 PM
I've got a chip and now even a shift kit and I tow over 7000# (boat in sig). Nothing to worry about at all!! I was worried about the shift kit but it's no problem at all.

It actually should prolong it's life in part my reducing heat.

Old 02-06-2002, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi beastie,

I agree with Family Ride's assessment.

Towing is of course one of the main uses for these vehicles, and we keep that in mind when designing each Superchip application, the character & basic design purpose of the vehicle.

No, the Superchip will not harm your automatic transmission, in fact, just the opposite, it will help to extend the service life of the friction materials, the bands & clutches, inside that automatic transmission. The Superchip will reduce slippage, which generates heat, the #1 enemy of any automatic transmission, and that is what helps to extend the service life of the friction materials inside any automatic tranny when using the Superchip.

The other thing to remember is that we are not making these transmissions shift "hard," don't think that. It will shift firmer, but only in response to your right foot, it will never inappropriately shift "hard." It will shift *quicker*, with less slippage, and it will shift firmer as you give it progressively more throttle. However, even by the time you are at WOT (wide-open throttle), the shifts are still not neck-snapping tire-chirpers, it's simply a nice crisp quick upshift at heavy throttle, as it should be, to reduce slippage and improve performance. That type of calibration does not negatively impact any use of that vehicle, you can still drive it for towing, everyday commuting, or what have you, there are no limitations in that regard, you will continue to use your vehicle as you always have.

If you would like to go over this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call!

Old 02-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Towing

Hey Beasti, I have a 2001 F-150 5.4..I got my chip for the purpose of the better performance while towing. I pull a 26 foot travel trailer 5200 lbs. I really could tell a "BIG" difference the first time I pulled it after I installed the chip. Money well spent...Other than that my truck is my every day ride. about 65 miles to work every
day. Now it is a pleasure to make the ride every morning.
Mike will treat you right. Any questions give him a call, Yes he is
in this line of work to make money and support his family, but he
knows what he is doing and what he is talking about. Best customer service around.

Quick Reply: Mike