Superchip for 2002's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchip for 2002's?

Is there a SuperChip for my truck? What is the approx. price?

Old 02-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Badbeat,

You've asked this in several other threads as well, and I've given a detailed answer in the first one I saw, I couldn't tell you which one it was. The best way to get your answers is to do just what you did here, post a new thread with your question, as that way I see it and can respond right there, so it''s easy to find. I saw other threads first, as when I come on I do my responses to the oldest posts first, so that each person's questions are answered in the order it was asked.

Briefly, yes, we do make Superchips for the 2002's, we'll need to know your vehicles computer code to determine if we have a Superchip for your particular 2002 F-150. Chances are we do.

To find your code, open the front passenger door, and look in the front part of the doorframe (A-pillar), in the area of the door hinges, and there you should find a small sticker with 3 letters and 1 number on it, and that is your computer code. Contact us with that information and we can confirm availalbility for your vehicle.

The discussion of pricing is forbidden by the policies of F-150 Online that we all had to agree to in registering to be able to post on these message boards. Anything that is of a nature that is between vendor & customer must be conducted privately, off these message boards, so as to keep to a minimum what is considered "blatant commercial content," just so you'll know.

However, if you will click on the link just below in our signature line, that will take you to our F-150 Online Superchips ordering system, and you can see those prices right there. You can also call or email us for that info as well.

If you'd like to go over any of this in more detail, or just go over general performance info on your vehicle, etc. please feel free to give us a call, our contact info is jsut below & we're always happy to speak with you.

We look forward to working with you, & good luck with your new truck!

Old 02-24-2002, 07:47 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the response. I replied in the other threads, then someone suggested I start my own so thats what i did

If I intended to add an Airforce1 fipk and an exhaust would you recommend I did that before ordering the chip?

Old 02-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Thumbs up

Hi BadB...

Congrats. on making new thread.

In case Mike T. misses your question...

Whats been fun for me is to do mods. at different times. In my case i did the k&N filter and cat-back first, then i tested.

Second mod...schip...tested that...Doing it that way showed me what each mod. was doing etc.

Good luck...OT

Old 02-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Badbeat,

You can do those types of modifications in any order you like, as they do not cause a need for any custom programming.

Things like drop-in air filter replacements in the factory airbox (S&B, K&N, etc.), airbox elimination kits (such as the Air Force One kit you mentioned), & cat-back exhaust systems do not generally require any changes to the Superchip program.

You could do all 3 at once if you wanted, or you can do them one or two at a time, in any order that pleases you.

Modifications that would require custom programming in these late-model F-150's are generally things like superchargers, nitrous, ported heads, an aftermarket MAF (mass airflow meter), etc. Should anyone do those kinds of modifications after getting the Superchip, it can always be updated with any custom programming required. One important thing to remember about that is that the cost for custom programming is the same at time of initial purchase of the Superchip as it is later on, so you do not incur a financial penalty if you decide to do modifications that require cusotm programming later on, after picking up the Superchip. It costs the same to do any custom programming required, now or later, and that's important, as it gives you more flexibility in when you do your modifications, especially if they are of a nature that require custom programming/tuning.

I hope I've managed to make that a little bit clearer than mud, & please give us a shout if you'd like to go over any of this in more detail.

Quick Reply: Superchip for 2002's?