New customer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New customer

Hi, Mike. We emailed each other a little bit about 6 months ago, introductory stuff. Well, I finally bought something-your pinion snubber. One thing I forgot to ask Anita , who is incredibly nice, btw, is about a 2-inch rear drop and affect on the snubber. Can the snubber adjust for that? And you do have single prog. Superchips for the Lightning, don't you?
Also like to know what you have available as far as pullies go and cost, tho' the New Jersey pulley has to be left out of the equation. Too much compared to others, IMO.
I have a bonus coming in a couple weeks and I want to spend it somewhere.
Also like to thank Marc Carpenter for recommending your snubber. Some things may be old school but they are also tried and true. I used to race a 340 Mopar and lot of Mopar guys were using snubbers.

Thanx
Don

Last edited by DR.D; 03-01-2002 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Don,

Yes, we carry all of those parts and much more, so we can handle all of that for your Lightning. For pricing, that will have to be communicated off these message boards, as the policies of F-150 Online require anything that is between vendor & customer in nature be conducted privately. Meaning, things like say, order status, pricing, etc., things that are considered "blatant commercial content," in other words, & thanks for your understanding on that. For pricing, please just give us a quick call or shoot us an email & we'll get you all that info ASAP!

Yes, the Performance Products Lightning pinion snubber has plenty of adjustment range to it, so it will work with anything from a stock ride height to a 3 inch drop, and perhaps even a 4 inch drop, we just haven't had one with a 4 inch drop to test it on. Most of us Lightning owners have done the 2 inch shackle drop in the rear. We suggest starting out at the track with about a 1/2" setting, and on the street it will of course be considerably more, and will depend on how rough your roads are. Most people end up in a range of somewhere between 1.5 inches to 2.5 inches on the street, usually 2.0-2.5 inches; the rougher the streets, the larger the setting, so that you're not hitting it when you go over bumps, railroad tracks, or whatever you have to deal with in your street driving.

Nice to see another old 340 Mopar racer! I was too, cutting my teeth with the help of some of the Mid-Atlantic "gang" of Mopar racers, Clair Flock, Bill Ferebee, Ed Ginright, Herb McCandless, etc., & others whose names I can hardly remember to spell.

Few of the 340's had 4-bolt mains & adjustable rockers from the factory, making the AAR Cuda's & the TA Challengers the preferred units, along with the Wedge motors in the Demons & Dusters. They were all very responsive & easy to work on. My first was a standard 2-bolt cast crank non-adjustable 340, but it very quickly progressed from there, finally culminating in a big block Duster. Thanks for the blast down memory lane!

Quick Reply: New customer