ordered superchip last night. one concern

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ordered superchip last night. one concern

i ordered a chip last night from mike t's link last night and cant wait to get it. my only concern or complaint is that on the link, it did not mention anything(that i saw) about the additional charge to adjust for tire/gears. i have heard people talk about reburning their chip for additional mods, but i did not realize that the chip was not "made" for me. mike, i have read tons of your posts and think you do an awesome job of explaining your product, but maybe you could add to your web site something regarding the cost of the chip with tire/gear changes, etc. just a suggestion. i would not have bought the chip if it weren't for your informative and lengthy posts. mitch

Old 03-15-2002, 04:42 PM
i would call mike directly to resolve this

Old 03-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi r6racer,

cgc2 is right in his post suggesting that you contact us, this is something you need to contact us about, this is not an issue that can be handled online.

That is one of the reasons why we have that small text box there where you can leave us a short message on the order form, to let us know about anything out of the ordinary, or anything you want to bring to our attention. When we see something entered there that requires custom programming, we automatically contact the customer to go over that before any order is processed. One thing you may not be aware of is that your credit card is not charged when you press the button to finalize the order, it is not an automated system. We prefer to check each and every order individually, by hand, for this and other reasons, and do not proceed without contacting the customer if there is anything mentioned about custom programming. The cost for custom programming depends on exactly what needs to be done.

Just to explain a bit for better understanding, there are just far too many different potential modifications & custom programming needs/applications for an online ordering system to be able to handle (hence the term "custom"), many of which require a custom program worksheet be filled out by the customer in order for us to do that work. And in all fairness, I should point out that is really just a "quick & dirty" ordering system, a quick & simple way for people to order Superchips. The majority of people do not require any custom programming, as the Superchip for each vehicle's computer code is compatible with things like aftermarket air filters (K&N, S&B, etc.), intake kits (Air Force One, etc.), cat-back exhausts, underdrive pulleys, electric fans, etc.

Your comment about the Superchip not being "made for you" is not correct, but I think that's probably just a simple misunderstanding, I'll try to explain......... each Superchip is indeed programmed to precisely match the exact software revision in each individual vehicle, which is why you had to provide your vehicle's computer code. There is no such thing as a "generic" Superchip, they are all code-specific to each individual vehicle. In addition, if you require *custom* programming for specific modifications that affect the powertrain program, such as a supercharger, aftermarket MAF (mass airflow meter), nitrous oxide, ported cylinder heads, gear ratio changes, tire size changes, or any of the many other modifications, that too is easily done, just let us know by giving us a call or leaving us a note in the text box on the online ordering form & we'll contact you.

I hope that clarifies things for you, & please feel free to give us a call to go over this!

Old 03-16-2002, 03:22 PM
thanks for the reply mike. im not saying that im unhappy by any means. i was just stating that there should be a note somewhere stating that anything other than the standard,for lack of a better word, chip there will be additional charges. i did call your shop the next morning and spoke to a woman on the phone who was very nice and apologized for the oversight. i did make notes in the comments area about my change in tires/gears. it seems as though it was overlooked. no big deal. and yes i realize that the chips are made for each vehicle code. i'm in retail so i get people telling me how to run my business all day long. sometimes there are good ideas and sometimes not. but when there is possible confusion about something or the way a sign is worded, i will try to make it more descriptive and informative. like i said above, just a side note or blurb about an additional cost. maybe everybody else out there knows that the price on the site doesnt include any initial changes. i didnt. there might be more. i just want monday to roll around so ups will get here. again, thanks for listening and just look at this post as a customer giving you his opinions. nothing else. thanks. mitch

Quick Reply: ordered superchip last night. one concern