v10 chip or tuner ? for mike t

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v10 chip or tuner ? for mike t

hi mike just wondering what would be a better set up for my 02 f250 superduty w/v10 and auto tranny,where is the computer code tag located and do you need the code with the micro tuner? thanks for you help,i use the truck as a daily driver ,tow a 20 ft race trailer to the races(run snowmobiles on asphalt 1/4 mile ) and we unhook the trailer and run the truck in street bracket,have not run this 02 v10 yet,but have a good running 02 chevy 2500hdw/6.0lt v-8,he runs 16.38@83mph would like to run with him

Old 09-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi PT,

Nice to see you again!

To locate the computer code for your V10, and for any Super Duty truck, open the Driver's door, and then look in the front part of the doorframe, in the area of the door hinges. There you should find a small sticker that has 3 letters followed by 1 number on it, and that is your computer code.

The Superchip module will require the computer code. When the Micro Tuner for the V10 is released (very shortly, we're taking orders now), it will not require the computer code.

If you are not going to do engine modifications that require custom engine tuning (like changing the MAF, larger fuel injectors, superchargers, headers, etc.), then you can use the Micro Tuner. If you are going to do any modifications that require custom engine tuning, then you would use the traditional Superchip module, so let that be your guide in terms of what you actually order.

Please feel free to give us a call here if you'd like to go over any of this in more detail, talk about what you'll be doing to the truck modification-wise to get it's performance where you want it, etc.

Sounds like those snowmobiles on an asphalt track should be a handlful!

Old 09-03-2002, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply mike ,i am likely going with the micro tuner at some point in time,keep us posted when they are availible,labor day weekend ran a 10.69@118mph with the snowmobile at new england dragway,still waiting to run the truck see yah

Old 09-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi PT,

We were able to confirm today that the Micro Tuner for the V-10's is now shipping, so that can be ordered anytime. We knew it was just a matter of days, that was why we had already been taking advance orders, & now they're actually shipping, so you can do that whenever you're ready.

Running a 10-second time on a snowmobile must be an absolute blast of a ride, I can't inagine that on the pavement!!

Quick Reply: v10 chip or tuner ? for mike t