chips

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 2Trucks1Wife
What are the advantages/disadvantages of having a 90mm SVT Lighting Mass Air vs. stock for our 4.2's?

John
Our stock mass air is good for ~360 hp but our injectors are only good for about 250hp on stock fuel pump. If you go to bigger injectors you MUST get a new mass air to be calibrated for the new injectors.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:25 PM
thanks for the answers guys.(and you agreeed on something )

Old 09-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Question chips for 5sp's

What do chips do for a 5sp? Don't know much about them but I rember in cars with auto's I think they changed shift points. And inriched fuel. What advanage do I get form one. Does it really make that much difference that it worth the cost? And can you feel any seat in the pants difference?

Old 09-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Re: chips for 5sp's

Originally posted by slick-001
What do chips do for a 5sp? Don't know much about them but I rember in cars with auto's I think they changed shift points. And inriched fuel. What advanage do I get form one. Does it really make that much difference that it worth the cost? And can you feel any seat in the pants difference?
Chips for a 5spd will remove your top speed limiter (i can go 124mph) They raise the rev limiter (stock is ~ 5400, now It is going to be 6,000 with the new fordchip), They advance your timing and remove retards as well as over a dozen other variables which will increase HP up to 30HP on a Fordchip and 35Ft/lbs of torque.

On a 5spd you will notice an average of .4 - .5 seconds drop off your quarter mile time and will notice about 2-3mph faster as well. Is it worth the cost, I would say so indeed...

can you feel the seat of the pants difference, OH YEAH!!! First time you get on it you will just look like ---->

Old 09-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Smile chips

Thanks Tally. I will diffently put that on my list of mods in the future. Thats what I am after the seat of the pants power check.

Old 09-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi mbuechler,

First post? Funny that your message counter says it's #7. Actually, it says that on all of your posts in this thread.

If you'd like to go over the actual specifics of just exactly what can actually be done for your 4.2 V-6 via powertrain programming (the performance chip) from someone who actually does know, please feel free to give us a call, we'll be happy to go over this with you. You won't get sales tactics or pressure, just straight answers and the benefit of the most experienced performance tuning of these engines available.

We have tuned everything from bone-stock daily drivers to 500+ horsepower firebreathing 4.2 V-6's & everything in between, for just about any kind of vehicle uses imaginable.
If you'd like to take some time to research this section of the message boards, you will find *many* 4.2 V-6 owners that we have tuned and are very happy.

We are also F-150 platform performance experts, specializing in improving just about any aspect of the performance of these vehicles for many years, so we can properly advise & guide you with and thru any aspect of raising power & performance in your truck. The F-150's we have modified and tuned range from race winners (World Ford Challenge 4, Silver State Classic, etc.) to the most lightly modified daily drivers & towing vehicles (hey, some people use them for trucks!).

The Superchip is the only performance chip available for these vehicles that tunes each vehicle individually according to it's exact software revision in it's PCM (powertrain control module), that tunes for maximum horsepower and torque at any throttle position and at any rpm, and is still 50-state emissions certified. There is no other performance chip that has all of that, only the Superchip has it all. Other chips have some of that, but none have it all, only the Superchip. Which is why more people use the Superchip than anything else for these 4.2 V-6's (and for all other F-150's as well), it simply works better, as expected from the company that invented the performance chip 20 years ago & has been tuning computer controlled vehicles longer than anyone (except the automakers, who also call on Superchips for help).

Please feel free to give us a call to go over all of this in detail, and get the accurate scoop on just what can actually be done for your vehicle with proper tuning/powertrain programming.

Good luck with your truck,

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 09-16-2002 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: chips