Hyperchip Or Jet Chip????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Suspended User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#1-never talked to anyone over the phone about my chips or my truck.

#2- never said anything about an exhaust leak causing my check engine light. It was caused by highflow converters put on locally.

#3-problem has not been there for many months, just recently. Had the converters for @8 months or more, not sure. Problem was not there for a long time.

Read the posts to familiarize yourself before posting untrue reports Mike. Can't have you spreading untruth stories about me now can I? Not very professional of you.

Hypertech may not sell a chip now, but they did. And yes I do have one. Come to Ga, give me a call, I'll show it to you. Why lie about owning a chip?

Mike, you and your cronies are the one's doing the bitchin' and complaining and saying nasty things. I only speak the plain simple truth about my experience. You guys raise cain first attacking me and then expect me to just sit there. When I **** back you try and say I'm the one saying nasty things and get irate. Look at your own posts first. You have not been professional from the beginning. You seem to show your true colors in these posts since I'm not praising your product-plain and simple.

My check engine light has been corrected. Still no power with the superchip. Have swapped my chips several times lately and have been driving it daily to allow learning and noting differences. Higher rpm shifts are about it. Still no low rpm power with the Superchip. Alot better low end with the Hypertech. Superchip waits until @25-30 before it runs strong. No detonation or knock, just no power till that point. Hypertech has the power, just doesn't rev as high. Truck also seems to idle smoother with the Hypertech but throttle response quicker with Superchip at high rpm.

I enjoy low end power. I enjoy breakin the tires loose. The Hypertech does this. If I wanted to run mile long races and use that high rpm power I'd run the Superchip. I have asked if there can be a compromise in tuning of the Superchip to build more low rpm torque but was never responded to-only in tirades because I don't praise it.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Not sure what all the fuss is here. If Hypertech no longer makes the chip it seems like the debate will eventually go away. Certainly it can't be recommended to buy a product that no longer exists. Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-02-2002, 08:00 PM
KnightS,

Sorry if you got the impression I was calling you a liar about a chip.
I honestly thought you had a module and called it a chip.
So now I know, Hypertech made a chip for the 1997 at one time, but due to the failure somehow of the product, they were forced to discontinue the product.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Rocks

Old 10-03-2002, 12:03 AM
I know. I know. I shouldn't keep perpetuating this but...

KnightS, seems to me (from this thread and your previous posts) that the chip in your truck, be it a Superchip or Hypertech, is not the problem. It's the chip on your shoulder.

I hate to tell you but we Superchip users are not a bunch of brain washed drones. When looking for parts in a situation like this (on the internet) we have to do all the research we can and use our best judgement. If you are happy with the Hypertech, great. We Superchip users aren't just going to let you have the last word when we know (from doing the research) that the Superchip is more likely to deliver usable results than the Hypertech. The information given on the Hypertech site confirms this.

No, we aren't brain washed by Mike. We have done buissness with him and been happy with the products and (especially) the service. I have talked to Mike (and Anita) on the phone several times, and have had the oppertunity to hang out with them at the past two F150 Online rallies in Virginia. They are good people, who happen to sell performance upgrades, and do that very well. I can't tell a whole lot about you from the message boards but if I had to guess, I'd say that there is a good chance that your not a nice guy.

Hey, it's a free country. Say what you will. Just don't expect that there will be people to back you up. You have made many insults and have a negitive tone about you (well, your posts). That's not a way to earn our respect.

Old 10-03-2002, 12:27 AM

Old 10-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Suspended User
Maybe a tiny chip on my shoulder-life does that to a person. It only becomes a "super"-chip when Mike starts his pissing contest and calling me a liar, a p.o.s. driver and in his last post insinuated a poor person by saying I couldn't afford his tuning prices. He may have good customer service to Superchip praisers, but to the few who don't bow down he is one big s.o.b. From what I have seen here from him, no matter if Superchips were good or not, I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. I actually steer everyone I meet away from him-kind of a "Don't buy a Superchip, ask me why" type of thing. I have NEVER experienced such unprofessional attitude from anyone in my life. The lies, criticism, and down right rude and degrading comments just because I said to a person to check out ALL products before buying and told of my experience. I never called Superchips any names or anything at first. Only told I liked Hypertech better.Then when Mike started his namecalling I stooped to his level. And no matter how a Superchip works, their installation needs ALOT of help. It CAN and HAS came loose if not taped or velcroed in. Hypertech is designed ALOT better, and in my opinion is of a better quality.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:49 PM
Life hands me a lot of things. It only does to me what I let it.

Old 10-03-2002, 05:10 PM
KnightS, I have no idea what you are talking about. Everytime I have talked to Mike, he has offered better customer service than anyone I have ever met. He talked to me after closing on 2 occasions, and answered every question I had and never complained about anything. You are like the 1% of people that wants to bash him. He offers great products to everyone. And almost everyone would say that they like the product, and they like his company. Who even knows if you have a Superchip. You probably just a a Hypertech, and are jealous, and just want to bash everyone else. I dont know why you would try to stray everyone away from his product, when such a huge number of people love it. Look through this forum. See how many people say WOW, that the chip is really incredible. then go and search and see how many people actually say that they dont like his product. And sure some people have had problems, but it is usually that the contacts arent cleaned enough, or the chip isnt secured. the documentation states to hold it in with tape or something. I just dont understand why you would try to make people buy something that is not good (hypertech), when you an a very small handfull of people have actaully had problems with a Superchip, or dont actually like the results. And don you wonder why so many people rave about Mike, and everything he does. It is because he is really great!! I know anything I ever buy for my truck will come directly from him. Hell If I could get it cheaper somewhere else, I wouldnt deal with them, because I would not get the great customer support and caring that you get from Mike. And when I say caring, I called him recently, and one of the first things he asked me was how I had fared in the Tropical Storm, and that he was going to be watching on the Category 4 Storm that just came through, and that he hoped that everything else would come out fine from this storm. Previous to this, I had only spoken to Mike once, how many companies would actually remember who I was, or careenough to watch out for me through the next storm. This alone was enough for me to deal with him. For you to attack Mike's character to me seems crazy. But everyone has their own oppinions.

Old 10-04-2002, 04:19 PM
F150online
Founder
Enough of this cr*p already.

Quick Reply: Hyperchip Or Jet Chip????