Headlamp removal on 98 Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Headlamp removal on 98 Please help!

I know this is not the right place to be posting this... However, I am inbetween a rock and a hardplace. I am unable to figure out how to remove my headlamp assembly from my truck. I know with the 99's you can insert a screw driver down by the bottom and pop this out... However, with my 98 I do not have this option. I know that Mike is really talented and I was hoping that he might have come across this or perhaps someone else... If you have instructions I would appreciate them greatly! I contacted Ford today and the parts and service guys had no idea without looking at it. I would really like some help on this one...

Thanks.

Old 09-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know anything about sliding a screwdrive don inside to remove it. But my 99 has 2 tabs above each light. You must open the hood to see them. Pull hard as they stick. Then jiggle the entire lense assembly to align it through the mounting holes and remove. Then you can access the bulb socket.

Old 09-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Don't forget you also have to take out the screw on top of the corner to take that out first or else the headlamp won't come out at all.

Old 09-25-2002, 08:58 AM
I have no such screw related to the headlight. There is one for the parking light.

Old 09-25-2002, 01:08 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
4x4PWR,

Check out : http://www.fordtruckworld.com/bulbs2.asp

There are two methods of head light bulb replacement. The seecond method explains how to remove the light assy. There are even pictures.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 09-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 4X4PWR,

We all know how it is when you need emergency help.

JMC posting that link should do the trick for you, so make sure to read that. (You do have to be a registered member of that web site to access that article.) It's an article on how to replace your head lamp bulbs, just as JMC mentions, and it's the second method shown there that tells you how to remove the lense assembly. The info in that article will work just fine, so just follow those instructions & you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Headlamp removal on 98 Please help!