Superchip vs. Diablo Sport Chip

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rocks has what he/her has said not true? If what he/she says is untrue then his/her credibility would be an issue right? We all here are trying to get some information that is true right? I guess what is true with one person though might not be with another

Old 10-17-2002, 12:57 AM
My first post was not meant to mask hide anything. I wanted to see what general consensus was from the public on that. It apparent that many people are misinformed about a lot of situations when it comes to electronics. You do not know me, and 99.9% of people do not know me either. I'm not new to electronics, but I am to the forums. I used to never give any forums a look at all. I think there is some great reading on them.

Old 10-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Gen2 Lightning,

I have been in sales for about 17 years now and even do a bit of sales training.

Your line of posts reminded me of a sales technique that is used quite often. Ask a question you know the answer to so you can lead up to the sales pitch.

What made it look like a set up was the fact that you ask it like you did not know the answer, not like you where taking an opinion survey. Then a few posts later, your posts seem to show a level of knoweledge that far exceded the first post.

I think you know all this though, so proceed onwards. Maybe I'm right maybe Im wrong.

JeffsLightning, as to your question about wether he is right or wrong on his info...heck, I don't have the slightest Idea. But the accuracy of the info was not my point....It was my way of screaming..."Gooks in the wires".

Rocks

Old 10-20-2002, 04:47 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Interesting discussion. I guess it boils down to how meticulous and how fast your tuner is. It seems that all the info is out there in tuner land, so the level of knowledge is the same in all camps. It doesn't matter how much experience your tuner has because his level of knowledge is the same as the novice when it is applied to the new things that are just now coming out. How big your camp is and how fast they can get these new applications out to the customer will decide who will win. It seems that everybody's claim to fame is the "experience" or "knowledge" that they have. They have worked on such and such and are experts with hundreds of years under their belts. Well that is all fine and dandy, but my truck will never be a 10 second ¼ mile runner. So the guy that utilizes his time tuning the "cobra" to run the ¼ mile in a flash is most likely not using his time to make my truck any better. He might take what he learned from the cobra and throw it together in a device that will undoubtedly help me but in the long run he should spend more of his time on the cobra. So if you have a cobra or a lightning you may well decide to go with the "Cobra" guy. If you have a 5000+ lbs brick like me you might choose to go with the guy that spends time putting my brick on a dyno and tunes for it. And if you shop around you might find a tuner that does both bricks and Cobras.

Old 10-20-2002, 11:48 PM
Langton is correct

For everyones information Superchips buy their technology from Racelogic in England. http://www.racelogic.co.uk

This is how JDM Engineering also tunes. It all can be bought for a fair price.

Vanaaken is distributor for Racelogic in US. Contact them if you would like more information. http://www.vanaaken.com/protuner/products.htm

Old 10-22-2002, 08:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Old 10-22-2002, 08:43 PM
It is interesting JL but so is allot of stuff..

Old 10-22-2002, 11:39 PM
Johnny Langton, it's good that your particapating in the discussion and you have a lot of interesting things for us to concider, but do I sense that your on the offensive? If someone knows more than someone else, is the defensive the right position to take? How can we tell if someone actually knows, other than take the time from our already busy lives to find out for our selves?

We aren't a bunch of idiots here. I think most of us realize that it would be just too much band width to explain every aspect of F150 tuning to lay it all out right here. We know that we have to verify the information we compile here, if not through a complete education on that particular aspect, at least to the best out our knowlege.

Your particapation in discussions on these boards is valued, at least by me. You seem like you have had some experiance. You have to expect though, that if someone takes the offensive then the responses will be defensive. A personal attack will definitley evoke a defensive response.

Hey, I'm no brain surgeon here, so if you choose to belittle me, so be it. This mildly educated person thinks that with the knowlege you apparently posses, you could find a more constructive way of displaying it.

Old 10-23-2002, 02:01 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It would seem to me that if you did stuff that required you use 50# injectors then there should be no need to use a 42/50 correction factor. You need the extra fuel that the injectors provide. So the correction factor would be slight.

If open loop is not commanded, WOT or high load then the engine operates in closed loop. The PCM calculates air mass from MAF input and uses feed back from the O2 sensors to detect a Lean or Rich condition and adjusts injector pulse width accordingly.

If Open Loop is commanded the PCM uses Air Mass to determine the injector pulse width and doesn't use feedback from the O2 sensors. Ford seems to think the 5% rich will produce the most HP under high load and WOT conditions. This is where look up tables are used to adjust injector pulse width. Here is the kicker. If you use a dyno with 3600# drum to tune a 4300+ lbs truck you are not applying the full load to the engine and you are leaving power on the table.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 10-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
JL,

This is my first & last post to you here, as you're not fooling me or any number of others here...............

It's obvious you came here with a deliberate agenda and a very combative attitude, aimed specifically at one thing and one thing only, getting you as much attention as possible for your purposes which obviously include your clumsy-handed attempt to discredit and attack me. Since you don't even have an F-150 according to your signature, and from the content of your posts, we can only assume those to be commercial. Why you with a T-bird are here on this F-150 Truck & SUV website should be obvious enough for anyone to see.

You do not have the first clue of what I am personally capable of, either in tuning any any other aspect, so I find it not only revealing in the extreme, but also rather arrogant for you to post your presumptions of my capabilities. This clearly indicates a complete lack of actual knowledge of me personally, as well as an obvious cheap attempt to discredit, neither of which are lost on anyone of intelligence reading this thread.

If you have anything you want to say to me, pick up the phone and call me personally. Our contact info is below & I'm very easy to reach. Your tactics here simply aren't going to work.

Old 10-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Aman Brothra,

I'll second that opinion. Count me as one of the many who are not impressed with the little game being played in this thread.

As i said before...."Gooks in the wires".

Sorry about the outburst...I was about to pop...trying to ignore the thread.

Rocks

Old 10-23-2002, 09:30 PM
F150online
Founder
Ok, I think this has gone far enough.

A refresher on the rules may be in order here.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/forumrules.html

While I am not accusing anyone, if someone has a hidden agenda, it generally will come to surface sooner or later. When that occurs, I will take appropriate action.

Quick Reply: Superchip vs. Diablo Sport Chip