Anyone tried this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tried this?

I was searching for some fiberglass running boards, and came across this site. Anyone have any info, tried it. It's sounds too good to believe to me, but I thought I would post it for feedback.

http://www.spiralmax.com/

Rick

Old 10-10-2002, 08:43 PM
yea my friend told me to look at that but from what i understand is that yea it does what its designed to do but once the air hits the turn in the airintake it depeats the whole purpose....

i dunnow how true that it but it seems logical

-Chris

Old 10-11-2002, 12:38 AM
Its a waste of money. Save up and do other mods instead.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Rick,

You can save your money on that one. Many people aren't really knowledgeable about just how these various computer controlled engiens work, and just about any part that someone puts out for under $100 that claims to do anything for performance or fuel mileage will sell, unfortunately. You'll notice in the ad you posted the link to that it says the gains range anywhere from, and I quote: "0-35 horsepower." A supercharger is *never* going to give you Zero horsepower, the lowest boost blowers generally deliver at least 80+ hp gains in the F-150 V-8, and more, for many of them. The reality is, you can't supercharge any engine I know of for even 20 times the price quoted in that ad.

There have been devices like this claiming to cause better atomization, or to introduce a "swirl" to the incoming airflow for at least 40+ years that I know of, and probably even longer. I can remember seeing these things in the old J.C. Whitney catalogs which were some of my earliest reading materials as a child (yep, I was always a motorhead). They have many names, from "Tornado" to the "Supercharger" claimed in the ad you saw, to you name it.

If you want to improve the performance of your vehicle, feel free to give us a call for some advice on what works & what doesn't etc. In the meantime, I'd skip this gimmick, & it's a good thing you asked someone about it before ordering.