Kenne Bell SC with SuperChips

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kenne Bell SC with SuperChips

I am looking at purchasing the Kenne Bell supercharger for my 2001 F-150 5.4L SuperCrew. I already have a SuperChips (purchased from Mike T.) installed; can the SuperChips be re-burned for optimal performance or should I use the chip supplied by Kenne Bell?

Old 10-19-2002, 05:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would call Mike T. and find out how much the reburn would cost and go from there.

Old 10-19-2002, 07:35 PM
I would go with Mike, I have heard many many people say that they hate the Kenne Bell chip. Call Mike and get it done right

Old 10-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Thanks guys, I'll call Mike T. on Monday.

Old 10-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi BruceScrew,

Kenne Bell has been doing some of their own tuning for a while now, and they can do good work, but it's spotty it seems, as we have a number of their customers come to us for tuning because of problems with their present tuning.

What we generally advise is this: if you have already purchased a supercharger kit from Kenne Bell that *includes* the custom tuning required in the price, then you'll want to have *them* take care of any tuning issues simply because you've already paid for that, and you don't want to have to pay twice if possible. However, if your blower kit does *not* include those services, then it's time to come to us. Or, if you have not yet purchased the supercharger, you might want to talk with us about having us do the entire package, as we do it all, including installation.

There are some people whose kits do include that custom tuning, but who just got fed up waiting on Kenne Bell to get it right and came to us anyway, we do hear from a fair number of people in that situation.

Give us a call when you get a chance & we can go over exactly where you're at on this supercharging project, what's involved with us doing the tuning & all the various details.

Looks like a nice truck you have there, & it's going to be a lot more fun with the blower, very nice.

Old 10-20-2002, 07:34 PM
Thanks Mike for getting back to me on the chip issue. I have not purchased the blower yet, might be looking to install this winter or early spring - not in a hurry, I want to do it right. I hope to speak to you this week.

Old 10-21-2002, 12:05 AM
I wasn't at all happy with my Bell chip on the stang. I saw no difference at all. I used JMS Chip. He'll send you 5 programs to start, andwill burn them to your spec's until your happy for no extra charge.

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi BruceScrew,

You're very welcome, of course!

Give us a call anytime if you want to go over the supercharging project from A to Z, we'll be happy to go over the pros & cons, results, what to do and what not to do in these F-150's, etc. The best asset is your willingness to take your time & do whatever it takes to do it right, that's nice to see.

Have fun,

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell SC with SuperChips