Fuel Octane & Re-burn questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Octane & Re-burn questions...

First, I have yet to come across anything higher than 91 octane here in KC, MO. I believe the Superchip requires 92 or 93 right? Can I just run 91? I really prefer to get a Micro Tuner but if I find a good deal on a used chip, I may take this route. How much is a re-burn for my code? Thanks!!!

-AR

Old 10-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jackal,

The Superchip tuning for these F-150's is generally OK to use with any good quality 91 thru 94 octane pump premium gasolines, whether you use the traditional Superchip module or the newer Superchips Micro Tuner. If you had a problem on your local 91 octane, we could always adjust the tuning for you.

Due to the rules of F-150 Online which prohibit the discussion of any specific pricing issues by anyone, we cannot quote you any pricing here, If you wouldn't mind giving us a quick phone call, we can go over that with you, or just shoot us an email, & thanks in advance for your understanding on that.

In general, unless you pay very little for the used Superchip, used chips are usually a real bargain only when they already match your vehicle's computer code & tuning needs, as by the time you have to pay to have a chip reprogrammed, in many cases you could have had a new Superchip with full warranty, Tech Support & other benefits for the same or a little bit more. Now that's talking about the Superchip module, not the Micro Tuner, the Micro Tuner is obviously more expensive of course, so as compared to it's price, the used Superchip can be a nice bargain even if you have to have it reprogrammed. If you can find a used Superchip that is already programmed for your vehicle's computer code, then it can be a *great* bargain, as they rarely fail, just make sure you get all the documentation too, ok?

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Fuel Octane & Re-burn questions...