Thanks Mike....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 09:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Mike....

Hey Mike, just want to say thanks for all your input , and set-up on the chip you did for my Lightning.
Your planning and firm stand on where the shift points should be, and etc. and etc. were correct. WHY SHOULD I BE SURPRISED ???
The new filter is kick @ss too. Talk about sucking air !!!!!!
Was able to move the QUIKTRK down the track yesterday in 12.4 seconds at 109.5. Check out the pics under "Norwalk exerience"
on the Lighting form.
Thanks again. I will be calling you soon

Marc

Old 11-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Marc,

That's very kind of you to say, thank you. So you're down to 12.40's now at almost 110 mph, at your level of modifications that's darned quick.

We'll want to watch your tuning now as the weather is getting cooler, since you're using single program chips instead of the Flip Chip, I do want to get you a bit milder tune milder tune to drive that truck on over the winter in your extra chip. You're now 2 tenths quicker than your previous best ET of just a few weeks ago, and that tells me (unless it was 2 tenths quicker due to better traction alone, which won't be the case), it's cold enough where you are now to change tuning for the winter, unless you're going to be keeping it under 104 mph and/or using a bit more octane. We'll talk about that when you call of course.

Congratulations on your 12.4's, you almost hit 110 mph too, that's *very* impressive at that truck's weight and level of modifications, it was pulling well in 3rd gear to hit that trap speed.

Talk to you soon Marc!

Old 11-11-2002, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait a minute.....

Update on MPH....
Was able to get to the local track ( where I run slower) on Saturday. Temperature in the lower 60's. Only ran 12.56, but ran
4 passes back to back, at 112.5 MPH !!!
Even managed a perfect .5000 light in the first round of eliminations in the gamblers race. Had to hit the brakes after I ran down the other vehicle and went through the traps at 12.7 at only 90.01 MPH.
Still running Sunoco 94 Ultra
There is definately more in this thing.....
Thanks again

Marc

Old 11-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Marc!

Wow, I dare say, "UPDATE" big-time!!

If memory serves, your local track is the one that runs uphill for what, I think it's the last 200 or 300 feet or so. You ran those mid-12's @ 112.5 mph on *that* track? Excellent!

We'll go over all of this again next time we get a chance to talk, I look forward to seeing all the numbers & congrats on those big mph numbers. Good grief, that thing really pulled on the big end with that kind of trap speed!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 11-11-2002 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Thanks Mike....