Need a Chip / Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 03:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need a Chip / Programmer

I will have My Vortech installed in a couple weeks and am looking for a chip or programmer for it. I like the idea of being able to chose between programs (i.e. Tow, Race, Street). I have had a superchip and loved it but looking for all options. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-22-2002, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi WMS,

The best thing to do is to go with the 2-program Superchip Flip Chip so you'll have proper tuning in both warm weather and in colder weather. All supercharged Fords should have that kind of setup so that tuning can be altered for seasonal changes, & nobody else has as much R&D into tuning for superchargers in these F-150's than Superchips & us here at Performance. We've tuned hundreds of F-150's with every kind of supercharger imaginable added, and Superchips has provided Vortech's tuning for years.

In winter, temps are colder & the PCMs in these vehicles adds in more timing based on those lower IAT's. You should have a program for warm weather operation (about 70-75 degrees & above) as well as a different program for colder weather operation, so your engine stay detonation-free & get maximum power all the time.

The best thing to do is to give us a call to go over this, so you'll know what all in involved, what we do, costs, etc., we'll be happy to go over all of that with you so you can give it some thought.

Congratulations on getting your supercharger, by the way!

Old 11-24-2002, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up THX

I'll be calling soon!

Quick Reply: Need a Chip / Programmer