Good Dealers, Post'em Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Andy Mohr Ford in Plainfield, IN. Great Service Dept. Service Mgr. name is Dan Wood. Dan is a square shooter & his word has always been gold regarding service and warranty work to our 99 F-150 and now our 94 Ranger (just purchased from a family member).

Andy Mohr Ford is the largest Ford dealer in central Indiana. We got the best deal there, after looking at two other dealers when we special ordered our F-150 in September of 1998.

Old 01-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Long-Lewis Ford, Birmingham, AL. I have purchased 4 vehicles from them since 1994. I even worked for their parent company for a few years (and I continue to do business with the, that tells you something). Their salesmen are paid salary plus bonus for reaching goals, not commission on each deal. Great service department as well. When my '98 Explorer had vacuum problems, the bill was going to be around $1,200.00. Without me asking, they got the regional manager involved and Ford ended up covering all but $200.00 of it. I was way out of warranty when this happened. Anyway, they have a website at www.longlewis.com.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:00 PM
DFW Area: Short & Sweet

Baillargeon Ford: Now North Central Ford.... again.
Richardson, TX- Ask for Rita.

Bob Tomes Ford:
McKinney, TX- Ask for Rondey. (Not Rodney, Rondey)

Red McComds Ford: I-10, San Antonio, TX Near the hospitals.
Ask for Rick in Fleet Sales

Old 01-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Long Story (DFW Dealers)

Baillargeon Ford/North Central Ford-

The is the initially North Central Ford, later renamed Baillargeon Ford, and is again North Central Ford again...

I have purchased 2, and would have bought 3 Ford's from them.

My first two purchases came in April 1999, and again in October 2000 as I bought a 1999 S'Cab XLT Flareside. Those guys went out of their way to deal with me, who was not about to get BS'd, and even moreso- they found inginutive ways to help me break my lease on my 1997 Maxima SE, and not lose a few grand. After being interested in a truck that was $26,899, and trading out of a car that had me $6,000 in the whole- by their numbers, and 8 grand in the hole at Nissan; I only rolled $2,000 Negative-equity into my 1999 S'Cab. Less than that when one considers they marked the truck down to $24,000 even.

I did a 3-year red-carpet lease @ $427/month. 18-months later, I was back, dealing with the same Salesman and Finance MGR. This time, I was going for the 2000 Expy XLT Sport, loaded. Sticker, $37,128. Out the door at $29,000 ($33 counting NE). Rolled in $4,000 negative equity after only 18-months in a lease (unheard of for most). 0.9% for 60-months.

Those guys were great- but, they left shortly thereafter, and so did my great experiences. (Until recently, 2002)

I went back 3-months (Feb 2001) later to get my wife a 2001 SuperCrew- and they acted so stupid with us, it was ridiculous. (New salesman, new FM) We went back again in May 2001, and they were still showing their @$$. They were unwilling to negotiate on the S'Crew's they asked for $29,000 for an XLT- with a straight face. I could not get a deal at ANY Metroplex dealership- and I tried them all in my local driving area:

North Central, Richardson, TX
Bob Tomes, McKinney, TX
Middlekauf, Plano, TX
Bankston, Frisco, TX
Park Cities, Dallas, TX

My cousin bought one in San Antonio in Nov. 2000, and got it for $24,000 (At the height of S'Crew introduction & popularity.) FM- basically told me I was a liar, or my cousin was lying- and if I could get that deal at any Ford dealership- he'd like to see it- So, here's my final great recommendation for a new Ford.

Red McCombs Ford, I-10 in San Antonio, TX-
Brand new, 2001 SuperCrew XLT May, 2001- out the door for $23,900. ($440/month) 8.9% Financing. Traded our 2000 Altima SE...

Now, after being insulted, you know I had to get him. My wife and I got back home after purchasing our S'Crew on vacation in San Antonio, TX. We went and had the Westin step rails put on it, and got the windows tinted the first day back home. I had it detailed, and left the "Red McCombs" plates on the front & rear.

About 2:30 PM that day, I parked it right out front, across their driveway- with perspective customers coming & going. We went in and I said, I'd like to see the salesman, the finance manager, and the general manager in a meeting. 15-minutes later, we were meeting in a private office.

I told the GM about the FM basically calling me a liar (in so many words) and I told them that he baited me by saying if I could find a deal like that, he'd like to see it, because he didn't believe it... "Well gentlemen, it's parked right out front, Arizona Beige Metallic." The GM asked to see the paperwork- we showed it to him, and he was like- "We could have done this deal" "We could have definitely done this deal" "I apologize sir, obviously we have to treat returning customers with more respect than he showed you." Then he went into telling me about how the guy was new, yadda-yadda... I said "I know you could have." and I've had 2-great experiences with you all in the past, so I'm not going to let this stop me from dealing with you guys- I just thought you'd want to know the image your staff is projecting to the public when it comes to popular vehicles...

Then I said, I'm not here to waste a lot of your time; I just stopped by to show you that the deal could be done- since I was being called a liar when I spoke of the deals possibility.

I can't tell you how GOOD that felt.

Old 01-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Long Story (DFW Dealers)

Originally posted by Bighersh
Baillargeon Ford/North Central Ford-

The is the initially North Central Ford, later renamed Baillargeon Ford, and is again North Central Ford again...

I have purchased 2, and would have bought 3 Ford's from them.

My first two purchases came in April 1999, and again in October 2000 as I bought a 1999 S'Cab XLT Flareside. Those guys went out of their way to deal with me, who was not about to get BS'd, and even moreso- they found inginutive ways to help me break my lease on my 1997 Maxima SE, and not lose a few grand. After being interested in a truck that was $26,899, and trading out of a car that had me $6,000 in the whole- by their numbers, and 8 grand in the hole at Nissan; I only rolled $2,000 Negative-equity into my 1999 S'Cab. Less than that when one considers they marked the truck down to $24,000 even.

I did a 3-year red-carpet lease @ $427/month. 18-months later, I was back, dealing with the same Salesman and Finance MGR. This time, I was going for the 2000 Expy XLT Sport, loaded. Sticker, $37,128. Out the door at $29,000 ($33 counting NE). Rolled in $4,000 negative equity after only 18-months in a lease (unheard of for most). 0.9% for 60-months.

Those guys were great- but, they left shortly thereafter, and so did my great experiences. (Until recently, 2002)

I went back 3-months (Feb 2001) later to get my wife a 2001 SuperCrew- and they acted so stupid with us, it was ridiculous. (New salesman, new FM) We went back again in May 2001, and they were still showing their @$$. They were unwilling to negotiate on the S'Crew's they asked for $29,000 for an XLT- with a straight face. I could not get a deal at ANY Metroplex dealership- and I tried them all in my local driving area:

North Central, Richardson, TX
Bob Tomes, McKinney, TX
Middlekauf, Plano, TX
Bankston, Frisco, TX
Park Cities, Dallas, TX

My cousin bought one in San Antonio in Nov. 2000, and got it for $24,000 (At the height of S'Crew introduction & popularity.) FM- basically told me I was a liar, or my cousin was lying- and if I could get that deal at any Ford dealership- he'd like to see it- So, here's my final great recommendation for a new Ford.

Red McCombs Ford, I-10 in San Antonio, TX-
Brand new, 2001 SuperCrew XLT May, 2001- out the door for $23,900. ($440/month) 8.9% Financing. Traded our 2000 Altima SE...

Now, after being insulted, you know I had to get him. My wife and I got back home after purchasing our S'Crew on vacation in San Antonio, TX. We went and had the Westin step rails put on it, and got the windows tinted the first day back home. I had it detailed, and left the "Red McCombs" plates on the front & rear.

About 2:30 PM that day, I parked it right out front, across their driveway- with perspective customers coming & going. We went in and I said, I'd like to see the salesman, the finance manager, and the general manager in a meeting. 15-minutes later, we were meeting in a private office.

I told the GM about the FM basically calling me a liar (in so many words) and I told them that he baited me by saying if I could find a deal like that, he'd like to see it, because he didn't believe it... "Well gentlemen, it's parked right out front, Arizona Beige Metallic." The GM asked to see the paperwork- we showed it to him, and he was like- "We could have done this deal" "We could have definitely done this deal" "I apologize sir, obviously we have to treat returning customers with more respect than he showed you." Then he went into telling me about how the guy was new, yadda-yadda... I said "I know you could have." and I've had 2-great experiences with you all in the past, so I'm not going to let this stop me from dealing with you guys- I just thought you'd want to know the image your staff is projecting to the public when it comes to popular vehicles...

Then I said, I'm not here to waste a lot of your time; I just stopped by to show you that the deal could be done- since I was being called a liar when I spoke of the deals possibility.

I can't tell you how GOOD that felt.
Thats a great read. I would have loved to have been there to see his jaw drop to the floor

Old 05-15-2003, 11:16 PM
TDS
Thumbs up "Good Dealerships"

IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT WE GOT THE RECOGNITON THAT WE DESERVE. I HAVE BEEN A SERVICE MANAGER FOR 20 YEARS OF MY LIFE. HAVE JUST RECENTLY GONE TO WORK FOR FORD AS A FACTORY SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE. IN THE BIRMINGHAM AREA I WOULD SUGGEST - LONG LEWIS, ERNEST MC CARTY OR ADAMSON FORD DEALERSHIPS. JIM SKINNER WOULD BE OK, ONCE THEY GET RID OF A FEW BAD APPLES.

Old 05-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Greenwood Ford - Bowling Green, Kentucky

Bill Collins Ford Service Department (Vicki Vincent) - Louisville, KY

Both TOP NOTCH!

RP

Old 05-28-2003, 03:17 PM
I like dealing with Jim Tidwell (Now World Ford) in Marietta, Georgia

Old 06-04-2003, 05:28 PM
Wade Ford, Smyrna, GA

I found them thru Yahoo Autos, getting a quote online. I dealt with several others thru email, and a couple in person, got the usual runaround until I was contacted by Wade.

They had the vehicle I was looking for, with just one minor item lacking (the fuel computer) and they sold it for less than Edmunds invoice ($41k MSRP, $35759 invoice, $36027 TMV, $2500 Ford rebate yet I only paid $32080) and I don't mind if they make a buck or two when I feel I am being treated honestly.

Richard Barnett is an all-around nice guy, and treated me honestly and with respect. I believe the internet sales get pushed to the fleet guy - I think that's all he does, he did say he doesn't work the line up front, so he depends on referrals. I absolutely refer anyone to him.

http://www.wade.com

3860 South Cobb Drive, Smyrna, GA 30080
Phone: (770) 436-1200

His email would be carcyber
and his account is at comcast dot net (obfusticated here to prevent him getting SPAMMED)

..a

Last edited by eflyguy; 07-03-2003 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Bell Ford in Colonia, NJ was pretty good. Not an SVT dealer but sales and service were always good to us.

Old 07-08-2003, 02:12 AM
For all the Southern Calif. people out there Autonation is now calling itself Power. They seem to be buying up all of the dealers around. I was at first a little leary of the idea that one company was franchising so many local dealers. When my 99 F150 xlt finally rolled 190,000 I figured I would take advantage of all of the free money Ford was giving away and trade it in. I was upside down because of the milage about $3k and figured the rebate with the matching money for the down payment that was being offered would be just the thing to even things out. My firtst choice in dealers didn't have the truck I wanted ( Lariat) and the XLT they had had a dead battery when I went to test drive it. ( I refuse to buy any vehicle that has a dead battery even when they say they say they will replace it) Long story short I ended up calling up Power Ford of Garden Grove. Salesman was great. Had the truck I wanted ( Right down to the prefered color) gave me more than generious trade in allowance ( A few hundred over even to best KBB number) and I was in and out in less than 2 hours. He even helped me load my equipment from my trade into my new truck. I don't know if all of the Power dealerships are run the same but I give high marks to Power Frod of Garden Grove.

Old 07-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Thumbs down

Looks like the stealers in Florida all suk... Most are easy to buy from, but incompetent to work on anything..

Old 07-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Question

Have had good dealings with J.C. Lewis Ford in Savannah, but it changed somewhat earlier this evening. Was looking to see if they had any 04 F-150's in stock...... they did not. While looking at the used vehicle section, spotted a great looking 02 F-250, 4X4, PSD, with Lariat package. Asked sales rep if I could drive it, and he got the keys and away we went. While driving, I asked him about the truck and he stated that it was recently "bought back from a customer". Immediately the red flag went up. He stated that Ford had fixed the problem and would be willing to give an additional 1200 miles on the 3/36000 warranty. Oh yeah, the truck only had 18,000 miles on it. Current asking price from them is 35,900 for this vehicle.

Old 07-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Thumbs up Athens, GA

Purchased my new ride from Dexter Meadows at University Ford in Athens, GA. Worked with me very well.

Have heard rumors the service department is lacking, but haven't had to deal with them yet (the owner for only 2 weeks and 600 miles)....

Old 07-18-2003, 10:02 PM
BOB THOMAS IN MCKINNEY,TX ANY COMMENTS??? I TRIED TO GET A DEAL FROM THEM BUT NO LUCK LAST NIGHT''

Quick Reply: Good Dealers, Post'em Here