Another bad door lock actuator

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003 | 05:18 PM
|
Angry Another bad door lock actuator

Ok I have read a few threads on the bad door lock situation with these trucks.
So have any of you torn the door down to repalce the actuators ?
Has anybody found any "shortcuts" to replace the actuators ?
Has anybody tried contacting Ford about correcting this "manufacturers defect" , if so any luck ?
It seems like those of use with keyless entry/alarms have had more trouble than most, will Ford consider this something that would cause the problem if it was an aftermarket alarm system ?
My truck is 4 years old, I just paid it off last year and thought I was done putting $$$ into it
Only 38K miles on it !

Old 10-22-2003 | 03:00 PM
My actuator seems to be dying. When I unlock the doors, it sometimes unlock slowly and sometimes it doesn't at all. I removed the door panel and it does the same thing. My question is, when the actuator dies, does it stops working completely or is it intermitent at first?
No TSB on All-Data. Where can I find a better built unit than the original one?

Thanks for your help,
Stephane

Last edited by Silver Bullet 7; 10-22-2003 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:04 PM
|
Mine was intermittent before dying completely.
A new actuator was $50, paid a guy at the car stereo shop $20 to install it.

Old 10-22-2003 | 08:41 PM
Mine just died!!!
I got the dealer (under warranty at 52k ) to replace both actuators and the relay. The parts are on order and should be fixed by next week. Mine did not die completely though, they just started to slowly go up and down. You would have to hit the button a few times so the lock would work its way up. After doing this they wouldn't work at all, if you gave it a few seconds to catch its breath the drivers side would work again for one cycle and then die and the passenger side?... Forget about it!

I don't know if the dealer will do anything for you or not, but it might be worth a try with only 38k. I had a connection at the dealer so that's how I got mine covered.
Good Luck!

Old 10-26-2003 | 01:31 PM
Angry

Mine on the passenger door quit about 2 months ago I don't think the dealer will help me out any way since my truck has 75,000+ miles on it and I'll will have had the truck 4 years in a couple of weeks. as long as I can unlock the door with the key I'll live with it.

Quick Reply: Another bad door lock actuator