No Crank Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Start/Crank Help Needed

First off, glad I found this site. Very valuable info to be found here.

My problem:
99 Expedition EB, 2wd, 5.4 engine.

Truck has been running flawlessly until yesterday. Went to start it up and nothing happens. Engine will not turn over, no clicks not nothing. Checked battery condition.cables and all is well..

The dash appointments are working just fine as is the a/c blower. The RADIO does not come on UNLESS I lift a battery lead and reconnect. Once attempting to start the engine again, I loose the radio and have to repeat the cable lifting.

I did manage to get one restart from it after it was towed back to my house. The guy went to roll it off the roll back and just tried it once and it did start up. Switched it off and now the same thing again, nothing. Any clues?

Thank you so much in advance.

-Craig Stripling

Last edited by craigs; 09-22-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Hello, and Welcome!

I would really dig into the battery and all cable connections carefully. I am attaching a post from someone who had a similar problem. If it isn't specifically the battery/cable/starter causing trouble it could be an ignition/PATS problem with the theft deterrent system.

No Start

Old 09-22-2003, 05:53 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED !!

I jumped across the solenoid and it started just fine. Checked for power on the small wire coming from ignition to the solenoid and it had fire at ignition. SO.that meant the dang thing was bad. 12.00 later and I am back in business, Now if I can figure the radio part out, as in why it acted the way it did. The radio is fine now as well. Thanks for the help!

-Craig

Old 02-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Go to the forum page and look for the post by Mrford no crank no start, this sounds like your problem

Quick Reply: No Crank Help Needed