PLEASE HELP, installing a new system with the stock HU

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PLEASE HELP, installing a new system with the stock HU

hey guys, i'm ned 2 this board, i just got my f-150, it's a 2001, i wanna install the system i had in my other car, and i don't wanna buy a new deck, i have 2 problems if any1 could help, first HOW IN THE WORLD, do i take out my STOCK cd player cuz it won't come out, i took the plastic peices out and it still didn't come out, and also what are the wires so i can split them in for the RCA's. i have a little box, i have 2 split them into the wires, so if any1 could help me please i would GREATLY appriciate it, tanx a lot guyz!

Old 10-05-2003, 08:37 PM
The radio comes out easy. Get 4 nails that will fit into the 4 holes (2 on either side of the unit). Insert the nails roughly 1/2 inch. At the same time push OUT (away from the center of the unit) on all four nails. It may take a little wiggling to work it out, just kind of rock it from side to side while pulling.
The nails release the inner tabs when they are slightly pushed to the side. You should feel a slight movement when inserted into the hole and pushed outward. ( hey.. that sounds dirty)

There is a keyway that Ford has to remove the radio, but this works just as well. As for the splicing, Wal-mart has a wiring harness that plugs into the factory harness. The chart on the back of the package tells you what each wire goes to. I think it's only around $9.99.

Good Luck

Old 10-05-2003, 09:46 PM
hey man thanx a lot for helping me, that helps me a lot, but about the harness i know that, but see i'm not going 2 b using an aftermark cd player, i'm using the OEM cd player that came with the car, so i wanna splice into those wires to get the RCA's working, i have a little splicer that connects to the RCA's i just gotta know which wires which!

Old 10-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Maybe someone will post a diagram for you on the speaker wiring. If not, just buy the thing from Wal-mart get the info you need about the wires and return it after. The package opens up easy and seals right back up. You maybe can do it right in the store (I am assuming that you want to splice the RCA's into the speakers right?)

Old 10-06-2003, 06:51 AM
Again, if it's the speakers your looking for, if memory serves it might be:
white\wht blk : grey\gry blk : green\grn blk : purple\ pur blk

Which ones go it the front or rear? I do not know.

You also could pop a door panel off and see what wire lead goes to the speaker. Better yet, The rubber housing that the wires pass through to get from the door jam to the door, pop one side off and check the color leads.
Well that's my 2c worth.
Hope it helps.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:41 AM
ye i have a little kit that splits into the wires and i can connect my RCA's to it

Old 10-07-2003, 07:37 PM
is NOBODY gonna help me? pleae i need help ppl ! tanx

Old 10-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

If you need help, you need to write your question up in a logical, understandable format. I've read the posts 3 times and still don't understand exactly what you are trying to do.

Also, post your exact model of truck as well. There are differences between the regular, x-cab and Supercrews...

BTW - If it is a factory Ford HU, how did you get it out of the other vehicle to start with ??

Anyway, here's the colors for a standard audio system:

LT GRN/PPL - Radio hot at all times lead

BLK/PNK - Radio hot in ACC or Run

LT BLU/BLK - Radio illumination lead

BLK/LT GRN - Radio ground

BLK - Radio ground

Left door speaker - ORG/LT GRN, LT BLU/WHT

Left rear speaker - GRY/LT BLU, TAN/YEL

Right door speaker - WHT/LT GRN, DK GRN/ORG

Right rear speaker - ORG/RED, BRN/PNK

Last edited by B-Man; 10-07-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:02 PM
tanx a lot man, the truck is a 2002 F-150, XL i tink, 4.6L TRITON™ V8

Old 10-16-2003, 05:09 PM
A little trick I used to use when customizing stereo setups (hey .. it was a good college job) in the cars:

Use a D cell battery and two separate 12" pieces of wire (could be small gauge). Strip the ends off both wires. Tape one end of each wire to one side of the battery. Looks like this:
------------- wire
[ ]
[ ] battery
[ ]
[ ]
--------------- wire

If you don't know the wire codes up front you can take turns touching the wires to the speaker lead combinations. When you make a circuit you will hear a very light "pop" / "crack" from the target speaker.

Just a quick and dirty suggestion to anyone not patient enough to look up a schematic !!

Old 11-16-2003, 03:46 PM
i have the indash 6 cd changer and i need to know wich wires to splice for my RF converter to go to my subs. Anyone kow wich wires i should cut into?.....or anyone got a diagram?

i THINK the wires are the 2 lonely wires in one of the harnesses (the only wires in that particular harness) but im not 1000% sure.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP, installing a new system with the stock HU