Power Lock switch not working but alarm will lock doors

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003 | 11:21 AM
|
Question Power Lock switch not working but alarm will lock doors

The other day the switches (both sides) that control the power locks quit working. The aftermarket alarm will activate the power locks and will lock the doors.

Don't know if it is connected or not but around the same time the right side power window in intermitent when using either power window switch.

Have checked all the fuses.
Any ideas

1998 F150

Thanks

Old 10-27-2003 | 11:07 AM
|
Any Ideas

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone know what connections I can shunt to test switch?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2003 | 12:55 PM
WLF
I had the same thing happen to me but in my case it was a bad fuse. When trying to lock the doors with the switch in the door, nothing but if I used the remote control (which operates thru the alarm system) they would lock. If you have factory electric locks, look again at the fuses that work the door locks. Don't forget to check the fuses that are under the hood if any of them also are for the electric door system.

Old 10-28-2003 | 11:48 AM
|
Alarm type?

I have an aftermarket alarm system - is your alarm/remote system factory or aftermarket.

My power locks are factory.

I checked the fuses in the cab but started thinking that if the alarm remote would operate the locks that it wasn't a fuse. Guess I need to check the fuses under the hood. I believe I saw somewhere that it was a 15 amp fuse but I will chack them all.

Thanks 4 reply
Gary

Old 11-02-2003 | 01:22 PM
|
Which fuse

Well I have pulled every fuse I can find - they all look fine. Anyone have any idea which fuse controls the power locks?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Power Lock switch not working but alarm will lock doors