Remote keyless entry for two vehicles?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003 | 02:36 PM
|
Remote keyless entry for two vehicles?

I've got two F150's and both have remote keyless entry. Carrying around two key fobs is a pain. Can you get something to unlock either vehicle from one fob, like a fob with four buttons or something? Anyone hear about any product like this?

And before you get started, no "Do you have two key fobs in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" comments either.

Old 11-05-2003 | 01:02 AM
You should be able to program one truck or the other to the other trucks remote. There are instructions for programming in the owners book. It is something like holding the valet switch and turning on the ign. waiting for the signal and then pushing the button on the new reomte. Might cause you some trouble if both are parked next to each other and you only want to lock or unlock one of them.

Old 11-05-2003 | 12:41 PM
|
I actually thought about doing that. But when I was thinking how it would work, I imagined both trucks on the driveway. Push unlock, both open. Get in one, forget to push "lock" to lock the other one, drive away. Nieghbour's teenager helps himself to CD's out of other truck. Not good. So I didn't do it.

Quick Reply: Remote keyless entry for two vehicles?