Adding Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Fog Lights

I am adding fog lights to my truck. I would like to hook them up to the factory switch so I can just pull it to turn them on. Otherwise I want to hook them up to the parking lights. Does anyone know which color wire it for the parking light power and the color wire for the headlamp power?

If anyonw has hooked them up to the factory"pull" switch let me know how you did that.

Thanks

Old 11-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Question

what truck do you have? what year is it? are you adding OEM fogs? do you have the factory harness for fogs capped off behind the bumper? yes, it can be done, but i need more info.

Old 11-09-2003, 01:19 PM
I have a '99 4.2 2WD. I am adding after market fog lights. And I haven't looked behind the bumper yet.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:23 PM
look closely

you need to check & see if you have the harness hidden behind the bumper first. if not, then you will have to make one or buy one. unless its cheap, i'd make it, its very simple. you will need a new headlight switch with the foglight option, even though your **** MAY pull out, it wont work, there are no internal pins for fogs. the yellow wire is to send power to the fogs, the white/black wire is for the fog icon. have you done a search for "adding foglights"? if not, do so. all the info you need should be there, if not , email me and i will send you a pic of the 99' fog schematic.( still tryin to figure out how to post a pic!) i am NOT an electrical guru, i just got mine to work after having ALOT of trouble figuring out my wiring problems with adding fogs to my expy, so its still fresh in the ol' noodle!

Old 11-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks a lot that helped. All I will do is tap into the the wire then. What color is the power wire for the parking lights? Also, if you happen to know, do you know the color of the power wire is for the high beams?

Thanks for your help .

Old 11-10-2003, 07:01 PM
When i was in highschool me an a few of my friends just use on of those cheap test light to find the hot wire when we wired our fog lights like your going to do. All it needs is a ground and and you just stick it in to the wire and if the light in it comes on then we know it was the hot wire as long as you have you hi-beams on. hope this is some help.

Old 11-18-2003, 10:20 AM
park lights power is brown head light highbeam is ltgrn/blk

Quick Reply: Adding Fog Lights