disable auto locks on a 97?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003 | 10:23 AM
|
disable auto locks on a 97?

I would like to disable the auto door locks on my 97 F150 4x4. I have seen a few other posts stating you can do this and the procedure is in the manual. I don't see it in my manual and was wondering if its possible on a 97, or just later years.

I want to do this because we have a gate on our driveway, and am constantly unlocking the door after stoping for the gate. If they didn't lock until 15 mph like my other car, it wouldn't be a problem. I also have a power moon roof that closes whenever the doors auto lock, which is very anoying. If I can't disable the auto locks, I am going to try and disconnect the auto control of the moon roof.

Old 03-12-2006 | 03:12 PM
I also would like to do this on my '97....I couldn't find any info in my manual or in my Chilton's for the truck. I didn't even realize the truck had the feature until a few months ago my battery went really dead and after jump starting it, it started auto-locking (very annoying for a farm truck).

My wife asked the dealer about it and they said they'd have to hook up a computer to scan and fix the issue. That sounds like BS since it didn't need to be hooked up to anything to start doing it...

I've followed all the steps I've seen elsewhere with the turn key, unlock 3 times, etc, but that doesn't seem to do anything with this year truck...

Does anyone have any other suggestions???? Are the older (ie, '97) trucks different than the newer ones??

Old 03-12-2006 | 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by roguemustang
I also would like to do this on my '97....I couldn't find any info in my manual or in my Chilton's for the truck. I didn't even realize the truck had the feature until a few months ago my battery went really dead and after jump starting it, it started auto-locking (very annoying for a farm truck).

My wife asked the dealer about it and they said they'd have to hook up a computer to scan and fix the issue. That sounds like BS since it didn't need to be hooked up to anything to start doing it...

I've followed all the steps I've seen elsewhere with the turn key, unlock 3 times, etc, but that doesn't seem to do anything with this year truck...

Does anyone have any other suggestions???? Are the older (ie, '97) trucks different than the newer ones??
That's kinda weird. Mine doesn't do that.

Old 03-12-2006 | 08:51 PM
http://www.fordf150.net/howto/autolocks.php
instructions for disabling auto locks.

Old 03-13-2006 | 12:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor

You can try the how to, I did not see anything in the '99 owners manual on auto lock disable, like the '01 and forward manuals.

Try to enter programming mode like the directions say to, and see if you get the confirm that you entered programming mode.

Old 03-13-2006 | 03:11 AM
nope....sure don't....that's why I posted....I found the link to the instructions, but when I get to step 8 (turning key back to run), it auto locks the doors again...no matter what order I try doing it I can't get it to honk the horn...

Quick Reply: disable auto locks on a 97?