Tie-In to parking lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tie-In to parking lights ?

Has anybody found a simple place to tie-in to the parking lights for some low amp add-ons. I have a 2000 F150 SCAB FX4 and would like to add some LED's in a few selected interior locations. I know I could just start looking, I thought maybe someone that has done the Headlight / Foglight mod or some other mod could save me some time and skinned knuckles. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-26-2003, 05:43 PM
if you pull out the headlight switch assembly, you can just tap into the wire on the back. The brown wire is the pwer wire for the parking lights. It isn't made for much, but a couple led's should be fine. If you are going to use more, you should use a relay.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Re: Tie-In to parking lights ?

Originally posted by racajoje
Has anybody found a simple place to tie-in to the parking lights for some low amp add-ons. I have a 2000 F150 SCAB FX4 and would like to add some LED's in a few selected interior locations. I know I could just start looking, I thought maybe someone that has done the Headlight / Foglight mod or some other mod could save me some time and skinned knuckles. Thanks for the help.
You can tie into the lighting circuit by splicing into the light wiring in your ashtray. This one comes on with the parking lights and is controlled by the dimmer **** on the dash. Works good for gauge illumination, etc.

Plus, it is real easy to get to !!

Old 11-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Thanks guys, info I can use. Even with 10 of these LED's, I'm still not drawing 1/2 of an amp. I didn't want to pull a wire from the battery and put in a switch.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Tie-In to parking lights ?