Replacement for fog light 2001?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replacement for fog light 2001?

Hey all,

I've looked on many sites for the part number replacement for the fog light of my 2001 F-150. All the sites list a H3 bulb, but the bulb I pulled from the truck looks more like a 9005 or 9006. It has the GE part number 9145U H10. I want to order the correct xenon bulb, so I'm hoping someone knows the correct number to order. Thanks,

Scott

Old 11-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
9145 bulb.

You're going to have trouble finding a Xenon bulb in that fit however. The 9005 bulbs will work but you might have to trim one of the plastic flanges off the side of the bulb in order to make it fit in the socket.

Also, don't go ape chit with the wattage. If I'm not mistaken, the 9145 is a 40w or 50w bulb. The wiring will handle slightly more but not that much... also, I've heard of numerous people melting the housing for the bulb by using way over wattage bulbs (I did this to one of mine and learned the hard way.).

I might suggest that you try Sylvania's Silverstars. We have oodles of folks here that are running them in our fogs. We all use the 9005 bulb and I haven't heard of a single problem stemming from them. They yield a white light that has a VERY minimal and slight blue (not sure I've ever seen blue from them but some claim they do).

Hope that helps...

RP

Quick Reply: Replacement for fog light 2001?