Fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog light switch

Well, I finally got around to installing my switch. I've had a make due switch tucked under the dash for several weeks now (since I installed the new valance, and fog lights). I got this switch from a '90 Taurus. Easy install, used the radio harness for power/ground. The orange light comes on when the fog lights are on, and goes off when they do. The green stays on when the dash lights are on, and even though it looks kinda blue it matches really good. I'm very pleased with the install. I can easily see, and reach the switch even with the wheel down, and the shifter in Drive...

I know some of you are asking why. Well, I used factory lights, but made my own harness. I didn't feel like trying to wire into the factory switch, and I liked the idea of having a seperate switch just for the fog lights...

Old 12-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Looks really nice

I probably would have put it on the other side by the main light switch, but thats a minor opinion

Old 12-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

That looks really good.

Did you buy the switch new, or was it from a salvage yard ?

If new, how much did you pay for it ?

Old 12-03-2003, 11:05 AM
I bought it used off ebay for $15 shipped (which is what I would've paid at my local salvage yard, if they'd had one). But before I bid I emailed, and asked if he could send the plug, and a length of wire, which he did at no extra charge...

I had thought about putting it on the other side, but it just didn't seem like there was enough room. The switch is pretty deep...

Quick Reply: Fog light switch