chime when key in door open

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004 | 01:35 AM
|
Question chime when key in door open

hey guys... was just wondering if anyone had some insight on how to turn that incredibly annoying chime off when you have your key in the ignition and your drivers door open? i work on my stereo system quite a bit and usually have to that door open with the key in and its driving me crazy! help if you can please!

Old 03-01-2004 | 08:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

If you do a search, about 6 months ago JMC posted on how to remove the key cylinder, and remove the key chime.

It is a bit onvolved, but if you pay attention it is not bad at all to do.

Old 03-01-2004 | 02:46 PM
|
thanks skully, i looked it up and think i might get it

appreciate your time

Old 03-01-2004 | 09:39 PM
|
hey grim... well heres what i did and i dont know if you can help me still but i thought i would let you know. first i tried taking out the tummbler and i did.. found that little metal tab stickin out and taped it down with some electrical. The only thing that happened when i did this was the chiming noise didnt go off when i stuck the key in the ignition with the door open. But when i turned the ignition to the back or accesory position the chime went off loud and clear and didnt stop. So i thought maybe if i took out that wire completely it would do something... so than i took a hour or so to take out all the plastic protectors of the stearing collom and used a torque to unscrew a couple things and got the wire off without cutting it and electrical taped it up... but everything back together ( why i didnt test it when everything was off i dont know ) and tried it and it did the same thing... the chime didnt go off with the keys just in the ignition sitting there, door open, but as soon as i turned them back it went off again !! man i want to hurt something!
any more suggestions?
thanks
pirotek@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: chime when key in door open