Gauge cluster lights doing out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004 | 11:16 AM
|
Gauge cluster lights doing out!

Hello:

I am slowly loosing the lights that illuminate my gauge cluster at night. How hard/easy are these to change?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Old 03-16-2004 | 11:50 PM
Me too

i hope someone posts on this b/c the only light i've got is the one behind the speedo (praise the lord cause i'm prone to tickets), and i want to get them replaced. please reply

Old 03-17-2004 | 12:08 AM
take the cluster out of the dash and on the back of the cluster there are little ***** that you will turn and lift up on and the bulb will be with it and then you take the bulbs out and put a new bulb in the *****

Old 03-17-2004 | 12:25 PM
any idea what size bulbs, or i guess i can take the truck to the parts store and do the work in the parking lot.

Old 03-17-2004 | 08:27 PM
yeah i just tried to take the instrument cluster out of the dash today and after getting through all the body panels and hard to reach screws i got the instrument cluster out and could not for the life of me get the connectors that send/receive the signal from the speedo and such out to take the cluster out all the way. i fooled around with this for an hour and i was so freakin mad i was about to break something, so i very calmly put everything back together and walked away (be the bigger man i kept saying to myself). first off my truck doesn't have tilt steering so that makes everything hard to get to then, it's not like i have big hands or anything, but i couldn't hardly get to anything behind the cluster. any ideas what i'm doing wrong or how it's done simpler? thanks

Quick Reply: Gauge cluster lights doing out!