Power distribution block

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004 | 01:47 PM
|
Power distribution block

Hi,

I have been looking for something where I can have power come in and then have some kind of connectors (maybe screws like on an amp) where you can hook up multiple power outs. I have used something similar for wiring up amps where there is a block where you run the power in from a large gauge wire (0-4 ga) and then there are multiple places to run smaller wires (8-10 ga) to multiple amps and I think there might have even been some places for smaller wires. I'm looking for something similar except I will not be running wire this big, maybe 10 gauge in from battery and 16-18 gauge out.

I am planning on hooking up various things and dont want the battery to be all cluttered with wires coming in for power. I plan on installing fog lights, reverse lights, interior lights, and maybe a couple other things.

Ok...so that is my way to long explanation of what I am looking for. Does anyone know of such a creature and where I could find it? Thanks!!!

Old 03-05-2004 | 02:12 PM
Ask the same question of EBAY...

search = distribution block

Old 03-06-2004 | 02:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

NAPA has ATC ( or is that ATO, the larger blade fuses ) fuse block, that is 6-8-12 fuse locations.
The power in is a lug, so you could crimp a lug to the wire that you want going into it, pending you have a large enough crimp set, or get set screw eyes, instead of crimp ( It is either 6 or 8 that you need to switch to a high press crimp ).
The power out is a male blade make to take female crimp connectors.

They are usually on the electrical area of NAPA, or ask them for the catalog. The page has the blade and glass type fuse blocks on I think it is ( was ) the right hand side of the page.

Also you can find similar at a BoatsUSA or similar shop as well.

For the grounding block, go to a supply house and buy a piece of Netural / Ground buss bar. This is dirt cheap ( like 4.00 ) and takes the wire in direct. This is the same thing in your electrical panel in your house. HD might even have this stuff now, I got mine at Cresent Electric Supply, but Stiener and Anixter, GreyBar would have the same thing.
The T&B round up ( that is the marketing / common name ) is large lug in the center, with smaller lugs around it, and runs about 8.00, inplace of the neutral bar for grounding.

Old 03-07-2004 | 12:29 AM
You could also search for RigRunner. It is primarly used for Ham radio, but might work for you depending on your power requirements.

I also hooked up my aux equipment to the trailer brake connector located under the dash. If I remember right it is a 30 amp connector.

Quick Reply: Power distribution block