Flasher replacement help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004 | 09:03 PM
|
Flasher replacement help

I need to know what the flasher looks like and where exactly it is located. I need to replace mine and can't seem to find it under the dash. 1997 F150, anyone?? I already have the truck apart and need it for work in the morning!

Old 07-25-2004 | 09:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Passenger's side of the dash, underneath the curved cover above the airbag. The cover pops out with a little screwdriver or something similar. There's two relays under that. Looking at the relay box with the locking tab facing upward, the left relay is the blower relay, the right is the flasher relay.

Old 09-08-2004 | 08:40 PM
Quintin, I'm also trying to find the flasher. Just to be sure, you are talking about a 97-03 F150, right? I had screwing around with any panels that have SRS on them. I want to be pretty darn sure before I wedge a screwdriver up under there that I'm not going to trip the airbag and have to pay big money to fix that.

Jeff

Old 09-14-2004 | 07:51 PM
Question

I looking for the flasher location also. Washed the truck, had no turn signals or flasher afterwards. Checked fuses, trouble codes, nada. Turn signals started working again but still no flashers. Anyone have suggestions where to look?

Quick Reply: Flasher replacement help