complete loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004 | 08:51 PM
|
Question complete loss of power

I own a 2001 F150 Supercrew (see photo gallery). This afternoon when I arrived home from work I shut the engine off thenI realized it looked like rain. I turned the ignition key to to acc. to "roll" (power windows) up the windows. The window went about half way up the I lost all power. NOTHING electrical worked. I even tried hooking up a power pack to the battery and still nothing. I turned the key back and forth a couple of times and "VIOLA" power again. The thing is now my keyless entry and alarm doen't work. This may simply be the battery in the remote (my wife is out and has the other remote) but it seems a little coincidental. ANY IDEAS?

Old 08-23-2004 | 09:43 PM
Do you have ANYTHING? Can you turn the headlights on? Check the battery with a test light or volt-meter. Start tracing the power to the under-hood fuse box. Did you check the fuses? Could be the ignition switch.

Old 08-24-2004 | 07:59 AM
|
I had NOTHING! No lights, radio, had to reset time on clock, lost ALL POWER. I took it to the kids soccer practice later that night with no problems and to work in the morning. My wifes remote worked so i guess the remote problem is not related (just a battery). I am just afraid my wife will drive it one day and it will happen to her.

Quick Reply: complete loss of power