Help Running Cables/Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Running Cables/Wiring

ok wow lol i just went through my truck looking for access points, and i can say, this cab is tight lol, their isnt much i can do in the firewall, because it might look like a good opening on the interior but then you go look from the engine bay an theirs a bunch of stuff their, however i found one grommet, on the driver side, right under the door, im assuming its for the bed cause thats where it goes, so, im gonna use that grommet to get power into the cab, and then to get whatever cables i need, back out to the cab (6 decently big cables) and about 6 14guage wires, also i checked out the ashtray, i tried to take that trim off, but it was way to tight, hurt my fingers, an didnt want to break it, but, i found out i can just take that side panel off (in front of the console) an it pretty much opens up where i need, but i need to know how do i take that pop open panel off? the one with the ashtray/business card holder.... i tried, no go though, if i can get that off, this will be an easy switch install, also where can i install my strobe power pack and siren power pack....both about 6x5"s and about 3-4 inchs tall, i thought i could do it under the seat, but with power seats an heat, theirs a lot of stuff under their....any help is appreciated, and if you can think of another grommet to use, please let me know, i found another one, in the firewall, right near the gas pedal, its an empty rubber plug, it would be perfect, but it looks like its right near the exhaust manifold, or something that would be very hot! so please let me know if you can think of a better way

Old 08-25-2004, 10:00 AM
So.....Ummmmmmm? What are you trying to do again? That was ONE LONG sentance!

Old 08-25-2004, 10:10 AM
im installing my strobes (Whelen csp690) and my able2 undercover full function siren...

Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The other little detail that would really help is the year and style of your truck.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:42 AM
2004 f150 lariat 4x4 supercrew

Old 08-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was all set to help you - right up until you mentioned that it's a 2004. If it were a 2004 Heritage, or something a bit older I could help. I haven't torn a new one apart yet and won't be ordering mine for about another 4 months. I'm sure somebody will chime in though. Good luck and enjoy your new truck!

Old 08-25-2004, 09:24 PM
thanks , i guess i can figure it out, if anything ill just put another hole, for the cables an stuff, next to that hole for the bed, wouldnt be that bad, i still need to find a place to put all the power supplies

Old 08-26-2004, 01:31 AM
Won't the power supplies live under the hood? I hate to pull power into the cab through the firewall. Too easy for wires to chaf and short out. I would pull wires for the switches going to relays into the cab. Could even just pull one wire each for a ground and not pull power at all. Ground the relay and that activates you accessory. Easy, safe and less hassle than pulling all those wires.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:18 AM
these power supplies are not water proof, and have 6 wired connections and then 6 cable connections (3 wires per cable) either way im gonna have power in the cab for the switches also, and the siren has its own switch which has 5 wires on it and then the power unit has the power/ground an those 5 wires

Old 08-26-2004, 11:48 AM
How about under the back seat and run your cables through the cab vents. ( Large oval grommet with rubber flap over it)

Old 08-26-2004, 02:30 PM
well, theirs the audiophile sub on one part an the jack bag on the other side...

Quick Reply: Help Running Cables/Wiring