installing foglights

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005 | 08:18 PM
|
Question installing foglights

i have a 98xlt 4x4 . iam installing oem foglights in the front bumper.it just has the blackouts in there now.i have the new lights and brackets and the wiring is there at the bumper but i still need to purchase the headlight foglight switch.is this a simple conversion or is there something else to this i dont know about?anyone ever did this conversion. and how did you make out. thanks

Old 01-19-2005 | 10:12 PM
As long as you have a few tools, an afternoon and some beer it's fairly easy. If your kit didn't come with a wiring diagram you can easily find one on the internet, they're a pretty standard hookup.

Your switch can go one of 2 ways. First you can buy a toggle, rocker or push button from Radio Shack or your favorite electronic parts store (single pole, double throw). You can even get one that lights up if that floats your boat. OR you can use your headlight switch. The only drawback is that the lights will only work when you have the headlights on. If you want to use the first method and you're using the existing wiring you'll need to find where the fog/driving lights connect to the dashboard headlight switch, cut that lead off, splice it to the switch and mount the switch to wherever you want.

I'm sorry that I don't have any drawings for you but I don't have a scanner and I don't live in my mom's basement and surf the net 22 hours a day.

Good luck and I hope that helps.

Old 01-20-2005 | 05:50 AM
|
im going to use the factoty switch. so i was hoping it was just a simple changeover. thanks

Old 01-20-2005 | 12:46 PM
If you use the "search" function, I think you'll find that this topic has been discussed and answered many times before. You should find everything you need here.

Quick Reply: installing foglights