cd player not working...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005 | 12:50 PM
tk2
|
cd player not working...

Ok I have a aftermarket cd player installed. Was running fine for some time. All of a sudden I can't pick up any FM stations. It will not lock on any of our local stations. Also I'm getting power to the deck like illumnation; cd mode shows which track is on, but I don't get any audio.The fuse in the fuse panel is all good. Where should I check now? Could it be the fuse in the deck or speaker connections?Any help is appreciated.
thanks-Todd

Old 01-22-2005 | 09:16 AM
Check the antenna conections at the unit and the antenna.

Old 01-22-2005 | 05:15 PM
From: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
If it was the fuses on the truck or in the head unit you would not have power at all. I started to suggest antenna cable too but since you get no audio from CD either then sounds like it may have shorted out completely destroying the radio reciver and the built in amp. Odd that it did both at the same time... Did it get wet for any reaon?

Old 01-22-2005 | 07:01 PM
tk2
|
No, but the truck has been sitting for a while.If the truck had been jumped, would that have caused a spike a blown something in the deck?

Old 01-22-2005 | 07:18 PM
Possiably, but I would lean more torwards condensation build up from sitting. Especially if the defrost or something had been left open allowing the humidity from outside easy access inside the truck. If the truck was outside the heat from the sun through the glass would raise the temp inside the cab which will create condensation on anything that is cool. Like the housing of the radio since it's metal and shaded by the dash. Thats just a theory though, I can't tell sight unseen.

Have you tried using the RCA outputs on the head?

Old 01-22-2005 | 07:57 PM
tk2
|
So if I remove the deck where should I look first.Electrical isn't really my thing and must be explained in the simplest form.LOL

Old 01-22-2005 | 08:26 PM
I would plug a speaker or amp into the RCA jacks and see if you can get any sound out of them.

Quick Reply: cd player not working...